Project Puma Mk2 {The Silver One}

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice repair on the arch,how was it done? with a repair panel or did he make the pieces himself, just wondering as it seems to be in three pieces

cheers

quest63 said:
Nice repair on the arch,how was it done? with a repair panel or did he make the pieces himself, just wondering as it seems to be in three pieces

cheers

Thanks, He cut and shaped the metal himself, I am very happy with his workmanship.

Update time:

I have decided that its time to replace the Cosworth wheels, although I do love them and think the car looks brilliant on them they are no longer ideal for track use, It has become very difficult and expensive to find decent track tyres for them because of there odd size. I am replacing them with some 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's in anthracite, with some parada spec 2 tyres for the time being, when the summer comes around again I may replace them with some R888's

The new wheels fit over the calipers fine but clashed once wheel weights were added, so these required a little bit of modifying, I also had to drop the rear down by 20mm and the fronts by about 25mm, although this may come down again.

I am very happy with how the car looks, and it certainly feels a bit more nimble on smaller, thinner, lighter wheels. Now for the pictures. Sorry about the quality I only had my phone to hand and the light was fading fast so the quality is a bit rubbish.

slayllian said:
Awesome, you got the exact same wheels Im planning to get, they look awesome!

They are brilliant wheels, are you going for them in anthracite as well?

after seeing your I'm inclined to say yes, was going for black but anthracite definitely look better on silver

Quick update, After a few complaints from passengers whilst on track I have had a foot plate mate up for them to rest their feet against/brace them selves. I also fitted grip tape to the passenger and drivers footwells,

on with the photos. They show it in its original form, etch primed then painted anthracite to match the floor.

Fitted.

I have recently had some rust coming through on the repaired arches, so the car went back in to be sorted out. at the same time the guy smoothed out the boot and rear wiper hole, which I am really pleased with.

Also after suffering major vibration from the drive shafts this year at the ring, I had to get these stripped down and sorted. finding the tripod bearing was the most difficult part, but after some advice from people on here and speaking to the original manufacturer it ended up being quicker to buy them from ford after melinamotor pointed me in the direction of Tramona for the part number, you save about £15 per side if you buy them direct from GKN but they have a lengthy lead time.

Big thanks to burfyboy who came to my work and then stripped and re built the shafts, he also supplied the photos. The drivers side was completed first, and wasn't in to bad of a state but the passengers side was worse than we imagined and clearly the source of vibration.

I will get the Nurburgring lap videos up as soon as I get round to trimming them down.

Update time, Decided that I didnt like the weitec's I had very much, they were way to soft at the rear so decided to upgrade to some AVO GTZ's which have a fully adjustable rear coil and not just 10mm increments and both front and rear have adjustable damping. which should allow me to make it more bearable for every day driving.

Also fitted some aero catches with alot of help from my mate Rob, there is something about cutting up my own body work that makes me nervous.

I really think that will be it for the car for a while now, I may in the future look at removing the glass, and having the front section of the roll cage made up for now i will just enjoy it as it is and spend time working out the best damper settings.

I used to live in toytown (SWF) a few years back, not sure if you have seen this but it makes me laugh every time I watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2vBT8qbL0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you have never been you will know what your missing now.
regards shane

like th poic from the front in the garage, im thinking of getting some more pro race 1.2's just need to sell my other sets of wheels first!!

very nice looking car mate

PumaJay said:
like th poic from the front in the garage, im thinking of getting some more pro race 1.2's just need to sell my other sets of wheels first!!

very nice looking car mate
Flying Scotsman said:
Looks very good as always :thumbs:

Thanks fella's,

Shanosburgess said:
Just a quick one what are your plans for the weitec's? I only ask as I might make you a cheeky offer for them.
cheers in advance fella
Shanosburgess said:
I used to live in toytown (SWF) a few years back, not sure if you have seen this but it makes me laugh every time I watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2vBT8qbL0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if you have never been you will know what your missing now.
regards shane

They should really update that video, the place is worse now. I was going to just clean them up and put them on ebay, so offers are welcome.

hi, can you tell me the frp front bushes ford code?
i'm tring to find in italy...

Latest posts

Back