Proud owner of a Puma!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twiggie

Hi Guys,

My other half just brought me a 2000 Model 1.7 Puma and ive got to say its the best car ever!! I had a BMW Compact before (sadly vandalised) and I really didnt think anything could beat my beloved Pimp Mobile but I was so so wrong!.

I cant even believe I have joined a Forum for my Car at my age lol!!.

Anyway, any tips for keeping my baby happy and well would be greatfully received.

Nix

Welcome to the forum :) They're great little cars, my Mum had a drive of mine... and bought one of her own :lol:

LOL Know 42 isnt old really but wanted a Sporty car even though at my age with young children most are looking for people carriers, not me I want something that will make me smile when I'm driving it.

You only live once!!!

P.S. got a problem with the heating in the 'Fly' (nickname cos headlights remind me of the film), the heating is permanently hot we are told its relatively easy to fix and inexpensive.... bloomin hope so!

Hi. That'll be your heater control unit. There's a thread in the FAQ section that'll tell you all about it. welcome.

Twiggie said:
LOL Know 42 isnt old really but wanted a Sporty car even though at my age with young children most are looking for people carriers, not me I want something that will make me smile when I'm driving it.

You only live once!!!

P.S. got a problem with the heating in the 'Fly' (nickname cos headlights remind me of the film), the heating is permanently hot we are told its relatively easy to fix and inexpensive.... bloomin hope so!
it could just be a fuse, not sure which one - it's about 4th from left top row - mine blows a couple of times a year - never found the cause - it's been happening about 5 years - so no worries in just replacing.

Johny, is that the fuse for the heater/interior light/clock, that does cause it but you would have these three symptoms together.

At 67 and three quarters I still enjoy driving my Puma (also my Fiesta ST150 and my Mazda MX-5 Arctic)

The benefit of being ancient is that you can actually afford to insure fun cars. All my cars insured fully comp.
with protected NCBonuses cost less than £600 total.

Twiggie said:

You only live once!!!

Your only 42 ha ha

I'm 51 and still child like when I feel like it

Latest posts

Back