Puma 1.7 - black

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubberjohnson

Hi,

Well, my Puma's died. It's the head gasket and I even had a crack at fixing it myself as the garage costs were too expensive, all to no avail. On the plus side, I now know my way around an engine much better than I used to. Given that I'd have had to start getting all the arches done before the next MOT anyway I'm going to cut my losses and move on...

So I'm on the lookout for another. Another 1.7, in black (the missus insists). I don't mind if it's got the odd spot of rust on the rear arches, that's standard, but something decent to last a couple more years or so would be good.

I'm looking around all the usual places online etc., but thought I'd ask here as I know that you lot have probably cared for yours better than others might - as did I until now. :-(

Price range? Under £1000 would be good, I'm not too flush right now. I'm based in SW London, could travel down to the south coast or over London if necessary.

Cheers,

Robin

Maybe, but I haven't got the equipment to do that myself, and I can't see anyone round my way charging less than a grand for the service. As I say, it'll need all the arches done within a year anyway, it's got some major paint chips and the back bumper has had a fairly average respray. All in all, for the same money I can get another one with less problems to catch me out every MOT.
I've seen a few for sale fairly nearby. They all seem to be in Essex...!

Unless anyone can point me in the direction of another engine and someone to fit it all for less than £600 in my vicinity? It may just about be worth it then...

well what you doing selling or scrapping if il have the light lenses from ya

rubberjohnson said:
Maybe, but I haven't got the equipment to do that myself, and I can't see anyone round my way charging less than a grand for the service. As I say, it'll need all the arches done within a year anyway, it's got some major paint chips and the back bumper has had a fairly average respray. All in all, for the same money I can get another one with less problems to catch me out every MOT.
I've seen a few for sale fairly nearby. They all seem to be in Essex...!

Unless anyone can point me in the direction of another engine and someone to fit it all for less than £600 in my vicinity? It may just about be worth it then...

You have a member mechanic STEAVIE in your area I think, he seems to come well reccomended

Hi , are you still looking for a Puma Black special edition. I have one in immaculate condition for sale .My wife is selling and has looked after the car and it still has only 38000 miles on the clock and has full annual service history. Can contact me on email address [email protected].

Thanks everyone, found another car last weekend; a little younger, lower miles, full history, no rust. Bargain.
I'll be back to offer spares once I've worked out what I need to strip off the old one.

Back