puma 1.7 cut out while driving and wont start ,Help?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
muchemi said:
hello mate , are u getting spark ? if not then probably it might be the coil pack cause they seem to go on old puma and fiesta's , alsocheck the earth aswell , also try checking if its wet were the ecu round the passenger footwell. feel under the carpet. if its all okay down there then swap the relays around. get under the bonnet and u will find them on the passenger side next to the bulk head . but other than that then u need to check for pulse . i dont no much about checking for pulse but i heard if the signal is feeding back to the ecu then the ecu could be fried . but i hope it aint the ecu .

if it is the ecu its a cheap and easy fix

The girlfriends MGF has a similar problem and that turned out to be the ECU, paid bugger all for a second hand one and it's been fine since (touchwood and all that).

madhillbilly17 said:
muchemi said:
hello mate , are u getting spark ? if not then probably it might be the coil pack cause they seem to go on old puma and fiesta's , alsocheck the earth aswell , also try checking if its wet were the ecu round the passenger footwell. feel under the carpet. if its all okay down there then swap the relays around. get under the bonnet and u will find them on the passenger side next to the bulk head . but other than that then u need to check for pulse . i dont no much about checking for pulse but i heard if the signal is feeding back to the ecu then the ecu could be fried . but i hope it aint the ecu .

its 120 from ecu doctor, u send it to them and they will repair it, but on second thought yh it might be the crank position sensor, try that first, clean it with wd40 , cause when the crank positioning sensor is corroded, the car will have no pulse or spark so best best is cps like nutty said.

muchemi said:
madhillbilly17 said:
muchemi said:

its 120 from ecu doctor, u send it to them and they will repair it, but on second thought yh it might be the crank position sensor, try that first, clean it with wd40 , cause when the crank positioning sensor is corroded, the car will have no pulse or spark so best best is cps like nutty said.

well if it is the problem, i have a ecu with key chip from a 2001 1.7 for sale £45 :p

Am I plagued. FRP 376, has just started doing this. I was merrely driving down the road when the traffic came to arest so I slowed down and then put my foot on the clutch as you do and he just cut out I teleaes the clutch to bump whilst rolling but nothing. I tried starting but it was just turning over but Would not start I locked and unlocked the car and given some revs she started. Then I was driving down the road at about 30mph at 2.5k revs when it just cut out in gear rolling down the road. Whilst rolling I took it out of gear and tryed I start her but again it just turned over with no joy. Then after 2 mins of looking cool broken down she started. He done this another 3 times on the way to the garage to have the cam belt done. Sorry if that sounds like a lot if waffle... It might be just enough to paint a good picture of what is happening. I hasn't been mentions on this thread yet but can the immobilisers play up on these?

Thanks for taking time to read my problem.

Reading through my post maybe my car is sad as I have referred to it as a her, a he and a it. Maybe it's not feeling the love!

check battery connections. I had a bit loose battery clamp and that got the car to suddenly stall at random times. They should not be movable even with decent force.

Latest posts

Back