PUMA 1.7 ROTREX SUPERCHARGER PROJECT

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackKnight1982

BEEN TOLD TO PUT A THREAD IN HERE! Well the suprcharger has turned up! Ive spoke to Bas the CRAZY DANE who is one of the main guys at Rotrex for information, details etc. He has been very helpful he reckons should get over 200bhp easy when running a intercooler!

WOW I love my puma so much can't wait till the supercharger is fitted.
BEEN OUT IN IT TODAY... I FORGOT HOW AMAZING THIS CAR DRIVES...WOW!

PC300258C.jpg

i bet he painted it..............lol!

watching this project like a hawk! this is gonna be brilliant!!!!!!!!

Yeah i got it sprayed matt black you like it?
Ive thought about white props but there a pain to keep clean plus i like he silver matches the interior and rear wing supports.
Ive just been doing research & development on the supercharger system, with the pistons ive got fitted the comp is slightly lower is there dished to compensate for the bigger valves.
Ive also got a diy front splitter project going at the moment! So its going through a bit of PROTOTYPE stage at present!
The main thing holding me up at present though is MONEY haha

These are the foglamps ive fitted to my puma which i think match the car perfectly as they match the round headlamp lens's.
63549760_o.jpg

Here they are fitted on my puma before it was sprayed!
P9010037.jpg

Where'd you get those foglamps BK? Easy to fit?

Ive also got a diy front splitter on the way. Which i will be keeping you posted on. Im going to make a plywood one with two support rods holding the middle.
Im looking to do some major bonnet & boot modifications as well.
Im going to fit aerocatch bonnet pins, two sets a locked and non locked set then mix them so ive got one locked bonnet pin on the bonnet & one on the boot for security.
keylock1.jpg

aerocatch1.jpg

Here is a aston martin & audi with the aerocatch bonnet pins
Aston_Martin_2.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

Im also looking to have a bonnet opening like on Super 1600.
small008.jpg

But mine will be functional as im going to run my oil cooler behind it. YUMMY!

I got them off a seller on ebay, they were a doddle to fit.
Plus many people have commented on how factory look they are!
Heres how....
1. Just remove the number plate.
2. Then you can just pull the lower grille out
3. Then cut the unwanted slants off with a sharp blade and you will get nice neat job then.
4. put the bracket in place, mark up holes for drilling.
5. Drill approriate sized pilot holes.
6. Then screw in the brackets.
7. Then place the fog lamps in the brackets and tighten up the bolts.
8. Then follow the wiring diagram making sure you wire into the relay & switch etc.
9. Then just adjust foglamp beams once it goes dark.
10. Stand back and admire.

Im also looking into getting some protection for my sills & lower rear quarter panel just past the door as this area is getting a absolute hammering lately. Ive seen this type of formable rubber or protection stuff like anti grip tape which several off the guys ive built cars & most rally cars have used to protect sills etc. Im also looking to get some tidy little carbon fibre mudflaps to protect these probelm areas.
http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Universal-Carbon-Fibre-Mini-Mud-Flaps__CMMMGSUIM01.aspx

BlackKnight1982 said:
I got them off a seller on ebay, they were a doddle to fit.
Plus many people have commented on how factory look they are!
Heres how.....
8. Then follow the wiring diagram making sure you wire into the relay & switch etc.

The puma relay and switch or ones provided in the kit from ebay?

Got a link to the buyer?

:D

It comes with a relay and the wiring but not a switch.
I suppose this is because certain people will use different switches etc.
Im currently using a zetec S foglight switch, but im leaning towards using a nice chrome toggle switch with chrome cover which i have so i might use that on my new carbon dash with my new boost & AFR guages i will be buying! I love it when a plan comes together

ive got a brand new recirculating dump valve...it was meant to be an ex show one which they had used to take pics & used to make fitting kits but they lost that one and sent me a BRAND SPANKING NEW ONE with 3 adjustable springs as well! All for £22.00 BARGAIN!

untitled.jpg

Im looking to remove the a/c system then fit the supercharger in the place of the a/c compressor this will make it easy to take oil lines from a sandwich plate (between the block and oil filter) to the oil cooler then to the supercharger, then run oil lines back to the plate. then just need to run induction pipes and install intercooler where the a/c condenser is in front of the radiator. Ive seen installs were they remove the power steering pump with an electronic one but it will foul on the exhaust and i would have too run lines and induction pipes all round the place!
Im thinking a similar setup to this one.

kudos on the project mate.

been pondering the idea myself but my knowledge is lacking, prob end up wrecking the car lol.

love to know how its going and more importantly how the car goes when its all done.

any ideas on a done date??

At the moment im getting a bracket made to hold the supercharger, im going to incorparate a idler pulley on this bracket to get the belt to wrap around the supercharger better hopefully i can use the existing belt as this would so much easier in the long run. ive got a rs intercooler, recirculating dump valve, vacuum/ fuel pipes, & im currently saving for a ERL MF2 System which are £170.
Heres how my car sounds like at present...in short LOUD haha
http://s476.photobucket.com/albums/rr129/pwheway/?action=view&current=blackknightpuma2.flv

Just as i started filming that a police car decided to follow me for about 2 miles...but nothing happened! :D

Right people!
ive got a bracket just made for it so i had to test it to see if it worked so i put it on and my mechanic mate used a rising rate fuel regulator & we makeshifted a inlet pipe, filled the supercharger up with oil, just to test it holds the supercharger etc it won't be like this when its finally fitted as its been removed now!
But wow its quick, really quick because the puma is a high revving engine you have to grab a handful of revs to get the best out of it but with a supercharger it really really surges hard from 3000rpm+ and it just goes like a ballistic missile! Ive had some fast cars but i reckon the handling of this car plus its 200bhp+ per ton ratio its something else! :D

Ive got 300mm mrk3 mondeo calipers & st170 discs brakes for it now to go under the ford racing puma alloys! This is turning into one trick trackcar!

Latest posts

Back