Puma Cutting off

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xparty

Hey guys, how are everyone? My girlfriend 1.7 puma got this problem these last days.

Once the clutch is depressed and braking to slow down when approaching a stop or crossing the car cuts off some times and this happens generally in downhills roads. I have checked the icv, maf, tb, gave it a clean but remains in the same. Some days before this happens, the vss had a problem, it was worn and blow the fuse 28 (15amp), with that sorted the problem above appeared. I have no ideas what could be, maybe a faulty clutch slave cylinder or even the Clutch? Sorry for my english guys, i am little rusty lol.

Thanks everyone and a good 2015 for everyone.

Thanks guys, i will check that Switch tomorrow, will be the 1st thing to check.

Same issue was present on mine. Simple check is to disconnect the switch. If the problem remains the same, you have to replace the switch. Mine was about €25 at Ford's.

I've been told about the lambda too, but she looks good and passed MOT in dezember, so i assume if was an lambda prob should be an MOT fail, consume more gas and do a lot of bangs. I checked the switch with a multimer yesterday and was fine. What i did yestarday was remove the icv off her puma and installed the icv from my puma, so far the car is running normal since yestarday.

Mine passed an MOT fine and it only happens sometimes... I just think it's a bit dirty so occasionally reports bad results

Back