Puma garages

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a story behind this one but recommendation for

G.M. Auto Care Ltd
88b Montpellier Road
Brighton
East Sussex
BN1 3BD

http://gmautocareltd.co.uk/index.html

Wheel bearing started to fail on my 2,000 mile road trip in France... managed to get the ferry back to Newhaven then limped into Brighton at around 5am yesterday. Dropped it off with Ray and the gang at 8:30am they had it sorted by 12:30pm and at a very reasonable price too! extremely impressed by the service and the car feels great too. Wholeheartedly recommend!

Can you add this one please:

CMC Motor Co
Victoria Mews, Christ Church Rd, Folkestone CT20 2ST
01303 249239

Allison automotive in Nottingham comes very highly recommended. I bought my Puma at the end of October and wanted to get it ready for tracking in the spring. Chris changed the cambelt, water pump, aux belt, cv joint, clutch, front suspension bushes and backbox and it genuinely feels like a new car. He even sent me detailed feedback and photos of the before and after the work showing the improvements. It's obvious Chris has a passion for Puma's and his attention to detail is second to none. Well worth the trip from SE London for the work.

A family run business, used to be a Ford Dealership since the 1950's. Highly recommended :grin:

Ws Kilbourn & Son
Address:
New Central Garage,
Mill Road,
Hempnall,
Norwich,
NR15 2LP

Jamie @ Moores Motors in Wokingham
Unit 1/2
Redlake Lane,
Easthampstead Road,
Wokingham,
Berkshire
RG40 3BF

Did the cambelt and welded in a harness bar and seat mounts for rails for my bucket seats.
Jamie races Fiestas and Pumas so has some experience with the cars.

A couple from the top list sadly no longer trading
MMP Vehicle Services, Willenhall
Top Gear Automotive Wolverhampton

and Puma Build located in Aldridge has some concerning reviews. Not sure if they are the same as the Company that was original in Perry Barr.

My search for a reputable shop continues

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the site. I have crossed off the ones you've mentioned from that first list.

As for the other garage you've mentioned, it has always had a hit and miss history but they did used to do a lot of business. I think it was noticeable when the Puma stopped being quite as big business for them. I had a cambelt change done there way back when and it was perfectly fine.

Hi All

Looking for a good ford independent in the Berkshire area as reputations move all the time.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Kind regards Ian

Hi
Used Moores Motors in Wokingham run by Jamie Moore and as stated before he has run cars in the Puma Cup and now runs 4 Endura Ka's with one being a front runner. I always think that people who race the cars you own really know were they break and can fix /replace things quickly.
Replaced by fuel pump in around 1 hour- almost while you wait. Luckily for a 20 year old car everything came apart without any problems.

Latest posts

Back