Puma LED rear lights (with pics)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first part done just making Pcb's now ready to mount the led's and trying to find a way to keep the reflector in the stock position.
The front and the rear of the lights are now seperated without damage phew, so shouldnt be long till i have a set ready now.

You could add a strip of reflector on the top of each rear foglight lens to help with keeping each rear light 'circle' the same size. Many modern cars seem to have reflectors mounted low down in the bumper these days.

2 ways into a Puma rear light, front or back... :p

Puma lights mist up at the best of times (even from the factory) and I've yet to see a Puma rear light that hasn't misted up even worse having been split and resealed...electrics and water :-(

You might this stuff useful

http://www.captaintolley.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've used it to invisibly seal up a tiny hairline crack in one of the clear covers on my rear lights and it has worked well in reducing the misting up. PS: and I haven't even split my lights as I changed two lenses from the back!

Also don't overtighten the 3 rear light mounting bolts, this will cause stress cracks on the clear cover. Mine are only a few turns more than hand tight!

I'm not trying to be discouraging BTW, been doing the Puma thing for 10 years now. I hope it goes well as it will be a popular mod if successful. Just bear in mind Puma rear lights mist up even as standard! :evil:

Thanks very much Bok, its aways nice to have someone as helpful and knowledgable as yourself.
I have a special little something im hoping is gonna help with the misting up ive used it before and it always works very well.
Im hoping all this goes well and not just for the sales side of thing but i also like making bits and bobs and have been modding cars for years now.
My last 3 cars have been trophy winners in the show scene and im hoping the car im building now will be the best yet.

Some very nice looking lights there :-D

Thanks for sharing the photos. :)

Well i must say i like them a lot and would be interested in gettin some of those. Are they up on ebay yet?

ive not ebayed them yet as i havent finished a full set and run the tests to check they will be ok but from the reaction these are getting i cant see it being long.

will you be setting up a direet buy, to save the ebay/paypal fees?

What kinda price are you thinking?

Are you using new lights, or 2nd hand ones to adapt?

ok i will be using refurbed lights which will be made to look almost new i am in awaiting permission from the forum to set up a buy but will be advertising on Ebay also, the buy on here will be cheaper than Ebay if im allowed to set it up to allow the genuine enthusiasts to save some cash.
The only lights i will accept in exchange will have to be in good condition with no deep scratches so then the next buyer doesnt get an inferior set of lights.
anyway thats all i can say for now i will await feedback from the mods now.
ric

Back