Puma Plus

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fortunately I still had the old exhaust manifold complete with lambda sensor and cat.
So swapped out the proper FRP one for a standard. What a right pain that was, knew it would be as had read posts here on how snug it all was and had taken the liberty of slipping the FRP one in before the engine. Still had to be done and it took best part of a day. Gave the headlights best guess buy using the backwall of the garage.
Decided to use another MOT garage, mainly because the one I had used before was not open for testing on Saturdays (and the tester did not seem to like me pointing out the fact that my fitted manifold was the right one for the engine). She passed with advisories of evidence of corrosion on underbody, slight play in one steering rack end and slight distortion on front discs.
Got home and proceeded to lighten my wallet further by taxing her.

Now legal I was able to get the punctures sorted, which were only leaky valves, and geometry checked.
No surprises that things were a bit out as was all done by best guess, amasingly the rear was as good as could be, showed up with red lights as being out of spec for camber but when you looked at the numbers it was by 10minutes each side and as she is on -30mm springs that is what was expected. The front showed a slightly different story, however as the original steering rack had a bent rod it was no surprise to have to reset the subframe to even things up.
End result is I have been driving around for a couple of weeks now with a silly grin again.
Found a few little snags like a tizzing knob and knackered boot lifters but we are now in rolling project mode.

Latest posts

Back