pumabuild/piper manifold on mongoose cat-back

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyboy

As title says really can it be done? and what gaskets / clamps will i need. or is there any other manifold i could use with my mongoose cat back? i know the miltek will not fit. any help would be great thanks mikey

I think there would be issues combining the two, being made by different companies. I can say though I had the full Piper system on my FRP and it was lovely, if a little too loud.

depends if the pipe bore is the same and the joins are in the same place,

The piper manifold has a flange type coupling from the manifold to the centre section where as the miltek ones are sleeved joints, not sure on the mongooose though.

Even so, it wouldnt be too much effort to make it fit

I have the mongoose system with a 4-2-1 puma-build manifold, can send you pictures or video so you can see/hear what its like if you want :grin:

Hi Mate. I know the engine layout is the same but I don't know if the under-car exhaust path is.

I have a mk5 fiesta zs with the puma 1.7 engine dropped in it. I have a miltek EVO 4-2-1 and a 200 cell sports cat and flexi mated up to my mongoose catback. Fitting should all be a doddle once you have a)removed about 2ft of catback to accomodate for the longer manifold and then the cat and flexi, b) extend your lambda sensor/s and make sure you can weld on plenty of flanges where you have had to chop and change.

Like above, I have videos (for the sound) of
a) just the cat back
b) full system 1000 miles after fitting with 1.6 engine
c) full system with 10000 miles, half of which were done on the new Puma 1.7.

Let me know if you want me to link you up to the videos

Latest posts

Back