Pumabuild S/Steel Lower Strut Brace

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YOG

As some of you may know, Pumabuild stopped supplying the above some time ago.
I've just spoken to Phil at Pumabuild and he is contacting the guy to see if he can make any more.
If he can, it will probably have to be a group buy of 10 minimum.
Will post again next week when I get a reply.

[fullalbumimg]2149[/fullalbumimg]

Will it have the necessary bend in it to miss the gearbox on a lowered puma? or is it the standard Fiesta / Puma one that fouls?

If it will work, I'll have one

Soz - count me out now.

I don't have the clearance for one of these (between the sump and the ground!), at least for road use... :-(

Dal said:
Will it have the necessary bend in it to miss the gearbox on a lowered puma? or is it the standard Fiesta / Puma one that fouls?

If I understand correctly, it's the actual shape of the OMP one that's the problem.

Kate's (PP) had the Pumabuild s/steel one fitted on her FRP since 2004 -"fits superbly".

If the guy is going to make them, we could get Pumabuild to compare them against the OMP for shape.

Update:

Pumabuild Stainless Steel Lower Strut Brace.

I've just spoken to Pumabuild again and should know tomorrow if they can definitely get them.
If they can, should also know quantity and price.

The omp missed my gearbox by a few mm, but I managed to make it rub, following some off road in the new forest.

First fitted

P1020411.jpg

After bending it
Strutbent1502092.jpg

Strutbent1502093.jpg

id love one, but iv sworn a death pact never to supply any business to pumabuild......

might get an omp one & 'tweek' it with a hammer!

i could do with one that doesnt catch the gear box but my puma is lowerd 70mm at the front and clearnce from the road to the strut brace is already tight

I've made a few chase-up phone calls since my last post, last one just now. We will know one way or the other by the end of this week, latest. Samples of the S/Steel one and OMP are going to the fabricator.

My guess is they will cost a little more than the last price of £75, if they do them.

Back