Puma's replacement (Picture heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue is the new black! I rather like yours too!

And Scotty - what happened to repair, not replace? I have a new one coming with the new interior, but I refuse to be beaten by this one in the meantime!

Yeah Flash, recycling is the way to go. Why buy new when a good clean will do.

Have you tried soaking the stain with Gunk, it shift's oil no problem.

Mind you, you'll have to then clean it with soap and water to get rid of the smell of the stuff...lol

Tried vanish, gunk, washing powder, fairly liquid, and the damn thing is still greasy!

Anyhow, I got a used one today, along with some other bits; latest update below:

So, quick trip to the garage this morning saw the exhaust joint repaired and the thermostat replaced. However it still doesn't seem to go over around 85C; I doubt it is doing any harm though, so will probably just leave it for the time being, and see how things go.

Also fitted a boot tray, used boot mat (old one had oil on it, and I could not stop it feeling greasy, no matter what I did), and a used low mileage gear knob (stitching was coming out on the old one).

In addition I collected another drivers seat, silver indicator bulbs, spare plain steering wheel, ITG panel filter, Parrot kit, phone cradle, RenaultSport number plates and a minature 197 in blue for my daughter.

Still waiting for the headlamp, and dash bracket.

Two disappointments today; the mats I ordered are the 200 ones, with yellow stitching, so they will be going back, and I am missing an anti-rattle clip from the drivers side caliper. Hope to get these sorted on Saturday.

Drivers seat out, Cabasse bracket drilled out and refitted to the replacement seat, Parrot kit (mostly) wired in, silver indicators all around, ITG panel filter fitted, boot net fitted, boot tray velcro'd, dents removed, Cabasse speaker grille's fitted in the rear, new drivers door handle fitted.

The replacement lamp cluster arrived on Thursday, only for me to spot that two of the mounting / locating clips are broken, so I am in the process of sorting that out with the eBay seller.

Apparently the 197 mats are no longer available from Renault, but I think I have found a new, genuine set on eBay at a good price.

Jobs still to do;

Fit Brembo anti-rattle clip
Refurbish / replace wheels
Replace n/s/f lamp cluster
Non-slip material to boot tray
Damn good polish
Wire in phone cradle, wiring for Origin and also for TPMS, to be fitted when wheels are refurbished.

Finally, a few pics;

Parrot kit display;

2010-06-26008.jpg

Controller;

2010-06-26013.jpg

Wiring into glovebox;

2010-06-26014.jpg

RenaultSport registration plates;

2010-06-26007.jpg

Cabasse rear speaker grilles;

2010-06-26001.jpg

Tidy boot!

2010-06-26004.jpg

Not achieved much else, need to find the time (and courage) to swap the steering wheel, but not sure if that will get done this w/e.

I got the anti-rattle clip fitted to my drivers side Brembo last night, hammering out a retaining pin was a touch hairy, but job done. Only sickening thing is that it was around £25 for the clip and two retaining pins, all because someone forgot to replace the anti-rattle clip last time.

Looking good Flash. It's always nice getting a car just how you want it if it's not quite perfect when you buy it.

Dal's looking at getting a boot tidy tray like that for the Mondeo, they're expensive for a bit of carpet covered moulded plastic though! :pinkeye:

Thanks! Needs a really good wash now, and the wheels refurbing.

The Renault one was around £35. I seem to recall that the Mondeo one is more like £60? When I had my Mk3, I had the tray that goes against the side of the boot;

27072006001.jpg

Best bet with this kind of thing is just to keep an eye on eBay, they come up from time to time, much cheaper than from the dealer. Also in the for sale section on MEG.

Dal did spot one tray on ebay - but that was through a Ford dealer, and they were asking £90+ for it! Just a matter of keeping an eye open as usual.

I can decide whether it's easier having an older car where there's always a few getting broken up, or a newer one where the parts are still almost current stock with the dealers...

Buy a Beemer or a Merc, that way you have the best of both!

Anyhow, finally, my little car got a wash;

2010-06-27001a.jpg

2010-06-27003a.jpg

scrubs up quite well!

Yay! Another one for the RenaultSport Clio stable :grin:

Looks great in that colour and it's actually the nicest looking Clio in my opinion. Couldn't change mine in for one though :wink:

Thanks, I like it a lot more than I expected! My wife still can't believe I have a Renault, she thought it would either be another Ford, or perhaps something German.

Fitted the phone cradle last night, and got my RS mats in too.

The phone cradle needs to be hard wired, but in the meantime, because I didn't have the time last night to do that, and need to work out what else needs wiring in, I have just fitted it using a cigar lighter power adaptor, hence the trailing wires.

Phone cradle
2010-06-30005.jpg

Self-adhesive velcro on the rear of the drivers floor mat; if I was doing it again, the bit at the very end of the mat, near the pedals, would be put somewhere else - I had forgotten how far the plastic heel pad goes.
2010-06-30001.jpg

Interior, showing mats and phone bracket
2010-06-30002.jpg

Latest posts

Back