R.I.P Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thfc

Hi guys. Been a while since I have been on here. Just wanted to let you know that my Puma has been written off after someone drove into the back at me at a set of traffic lights in West London. Now I am the proud owner of a 2003 Hyundai Getz 1.3 CDX which the brilliant Ollie Clarke is replacing the cambelt for me tomorrow :D

thfc said:
Now I am the proud owner of a 2003 Hyundai Getz 1.3 CDX

Thats a bit of a change?? why not go for a Hyundai Coupé instead or is it sensible time? having said that I came from the other way having had a Suzuki SX4 previously.

I don't know whats worse, the Puma being written off or a Hyundai Getz :(

To each his own though, and I hope you enjoy your new car :-D

Bad luck with the Puma :-(

Good luck selling the Getz ;-)

Good luck with the new car m8 I am sure ollie will sort the came belt for you seems he can work on any car lol

Hi everyone. Yeah sensible time, finally bought a car I can afford to run. Thanks for wishings of luck lol. It's a bit of risk taking it for a cambelt change in my area as there is not a lot of trusted garages. The only garage I trust is where I (and my family) get our MOT's done (but he doesn't do cambelts), but with Ollie it's just peace of mind because he is such a good mechanic and a nice bloke.

Neil said:
Bad luck with the Puma :-(

Good luck selling the Getz ;-)

I shouldn't think I'd have that much trouble as you get a hell of a lot of car for your money. Plus it's done quite low miles for the year.

There not bad cars. I have the top of the range I have; sunroof, a/c, trip computer etc. Plus being a 12v the 84bhp engine is pretty nippy. Plus they are reliable cars and good on petrol and insurance (only a group 5)

My ex has one. It's good for a box on wheels if that's what you want. I just found it totally uninspiring, but as long as you like it all is good :eek:k:

I had a Getz as a rental car once.

It is apparent that they are very easy targets for people bashing the boot button in and stealing all of my stuff out of the car.

The thieves kindly closed the boot, wasn't until I got home I realised what had happened.

That experience put me off the Getz.

..On another Random note I wrote off a Megane followed by a Puma.

red said:
I had a Getz as a rental car once.

It is apparent that they are very easy targets for people bashing the boot button in and stealing all of my stuff out of the car.

The thieves kindly closed the boot, wasn't until I got home I realised what had happened.

That experience put me off the Getz.

..On another Random note I wrote off a Megane followed by a Puma.

Boot button? What do you mean boot button? Lol.

Thats is pretty weird lol

21e9rm1.jpg

In my day [old fart mode] cars were called exciting things like Avenger, Rapier, Corsair etc etc

Now the bloody names are just an incomprehensible jumble of letters.

Unless this is named after Stan Getz, the jazz musician?

Good luck with your new car anyway - sorry about the Puma.

It might not be how you open the boot day to day but it works well for thieves :lol:

Back