Rally show - accommodation

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

Just thought I would put a post up here after PM'ing back and forth to Dal earlier today about the possible accommodation for the rally show.

I had a looked on the travelodge's website for ashbourne for staying the friday and saturday nights and found this when I chose the room:

travelodge.jpg

As you can see, it states 'Almost full' next to the room.

Although people seemed to like ashbourne, it may be worth looking at alternatives, especially as the premier inn seem to be doing a lot of their £29 a night offers recently (mainly if you stay two nights or more). Unfortunately their offers are only valid for rooms up to the middle of April at the moment, but I can't think of any reason why they should stop doing them after this period.

thinking about that, there are a few premier inns near by which are currently doing the offer. As for the drive in, we wouldn't get the nice country roads that we would from Ashbourne, but I'm sure that wouldn't be the end of the world. As for distance from Chatsworth, Ashbourne is about 20 miles from the house. The ones doing the offer at the moment in a reasonable distance are:

Ripley - 20 miles - where is started and ended my dales meet this year
South Normanton / Mansfield - 22 miles - just on J28 of the M1 (where I did the previous dales meet to and from)
Chesterfield - 10.5 miles - handy as it's close and also right next to a big tesco so handy for fuel and munchies to take with us.

All of them have pubs next door to them which will be handy for food and drink and the Ripley and Chesterfield ones are reasonably close to pubs and resturants, about a similar distance to going into ashbourne. Of course the downside of chesterfield is the muppet/chav population out 'on the lash' in the centre of town but I'm sure we could avoid most of them :)

Any thoughts/questions/comments welcome. Thought I'd just do my bit to help out on this one :)
Perhaps it's a good idea to see if the premier inn people extend their offers into later into 2010 :)

Why would he have booked anything? It's an open thread for ideas and suggestions on what is possible.

Thanks for looking into that mate - so much easier when you're up there and know what is where!

We will probably be doing the Friday & Saturday night again so the 2 night deal with Premier Inn will be fine with us :D

because i read this somewhere...

mort666 said:
Seen as you don't have to pay till the day I've already booked my............ :D :D

but was in the FITP thread... clear in my head now

:lol: even though it seems to have already been cleared up, I've not booked anything for the rally show yet. Waiting to see if the premier inn people extend their £29 offer into the summer time.

As I said in my PM earlier Dal, even if you end up with a place near me I'll probably book anyway as, for example, a taxi to Ripley and back if I want a nice big drink is about £10 there and if late enough, £20 back so just as cheap to stay over even though they are less than 10 miles from my house :lol:

Just a bump to the thread :)

If anyone needs a 'roomy' then im up for sharing as would like a few bevvies on the eveining again :D

I;m booked in the Alfreton travelodge...

Rooms £32 at the mo there

or you could do Manfield at £25

or cheapest is Derby Pride park at £19

anyone staying in derby is welcome to follow me up to ashbourne then onto chatsworth with everyone else...

just been checking the premier inn website and they have now extended their lower rate offer towards the end of 2010. checking local places for chatsworth, for two nights, you would be looking at:

Ripley - just down the road from spike in alfreton where i started my second meet from - £79

Chesterfield £79

Mansfield (junction 28, M1) but with nothing else next to it other than a single pub - £58

there are a couple of other £58 stays for two nights but then you are getting further away, over 20 miles which probably isn't the best idea.

Anyone else know what theyr doing yet?

Alfreton Travelodge is £42.00 per night on the saver rate at the mo...

Sheffield isn't really anywhere near Chatsworth though :?

as above the premier inn at ripley which is the net junction down the A38 from alfreton is still showing as £79 for 2 nights (works out at £39.50 per night)

or the mansfield one just off junction 28 (junction with the A38) is still showing as £58 for two nights (£29 per night), but that one only has the one pub next door to it and a bit further if you want to go anywhere else for a drink etc. :)

haven't booked anything myself, but then again I'm close enough to chatsworth to stay at home if needs be :)

Where is everyone staying then? Depending on where everyone is, depends on where I make the meet point on Saturday and Sunday morning.

Alfreton Travelodge car park?

I've more or less decided that I'll be just staying at my own place seen as nothing really has been decided for a group place to stay (from what I can tell).

Alfreton would be very handy for me, but happy to meet wherever :D

I've booked the Premier Inn at mansfield, which is really just of the M1. Rooms at £50 with a food pub attached. They've still got rooms at Tibshelf srvices at £29.

So Alfreton works for me. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back