Rear axle bent?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumad

At this moment snow is all around us in Holland...

At the way home this evening i had a little sliding... which happend when i took a roundabout..

with the right back wheel my car slipped over a curb... which made a bit of noise...

after that the right wheel looked a bit off place... like it had positive camber than the usual bit negative camber.. it has not made any difference in driving.. so it is still going straight with my hands off the steering wheel.

also my wheelbearing made more noise after this... it stood on the replacement list... and have that already laying around...

does anyone know what is bent? Can it be the axle stubb or is it surely the axle it self....

this is really not that handy right now since i need my car everyday to get to my internship :oops:

Been to the garage... it seems that the point were the suspension and the wheel is mounted is tilted slightly backwards...

Does anybody know if i could fit a Fiesta mk5 axle... if it is a fiesta with ABS ???

Fiesta mk 5 (around 1999 2002)axle is the same, it will just have no axle spacers on but you can use the ones on your car. I think ABS & none ABS use the same frame.

nice, i bought one last thursday... and powder coated it today... Its from a 2001 Fezz... without ABS but i will see tomorrow how it will fit, definitely setting my spacers over! Only thing i'm worried about is the ABS sensors ...

The sensor does fit the stub, but the sensor wire goes through the hole in the axle, so you still need to take the sensor out. Even if you cut the old frame, you can't get it into the new one. You have a high chance of damaging the sensors if you try to remove them, and the screw that holds the sensor in place might snap, so give it a go, but don't put too much pressure on it. If it won't come out, you can cut the wire and rejoin it, it still works fine. Or just buy a new sensor.

Back