rear axle compatibility

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocks08

hello,

can you tell me if rear axle from fiesta mk4/5 as compatible with the puma?

thahks :)

Yes it is assuming you match up the correct generation of beam - older fork mount vs newer eye mount for the dampers.

According to the Puma 1997 Technical Service Training (TST) Manual, the torsional stiffness of the Torsion Beam was increased by 30% over the Fiesta.

Which is the reason I changed my Fiesta axle for a Puma axle. If you keep the eye/fork problem in mind, it 's easily done (just a bit heavy though). In your case, I would go for a Puma axle, shouldnt be too hard to find (sadly enough Puma 's at the scrapyard in the Netherlands anyway, same in the UK?).

^^ yes but the Fiesta one is less good :grin:

and yes plenty in the breakers yards here too Matti

YOG said:
[post]368295[/post] According to the Puma 1997 Technical Service Training (TST) Manual, the torsional stiffness of the Torsion Beam was increased by 30% over the Fiesta.
Which 'Fiesta' is this referring to..?

I've got a Mk5 Zetec S and I'm damn sure the rear beam on that is the same as the Puma...

Very rare to find a Puma at a scrapyard here in Leicester. At least not when you need a part for one, anyway. Often engine is dropped, then straight crushed.

I have listened that the fiesta mk5 1.6 zetec S have a better rear axle than the Puma ... what do you think ???

Latest posts

Back