Rear bushes bolt seized...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going for the drill out the rubber then cut a 10-20mm section out of the out metal bit of the bush and grab the cold chisel and lump hammer. if that fails then i'll get my makita demolition 5kg drill out, lock and load witha sds plud chisel and go for it :grin:
looked at a tool for it but couldnt find one on ebay for nothing less than £70 so u did well for £30!

Well finally did the bushes today. Bit of a nightmare. Ended up dropping the mounting brackets off, angle grinding the bolts and nuts off both side as the bolt heads rounded off due to them being knackered. Drilled and sawed out the old bushes that were absolutely buggered. Cleaned up, greased up the powerflex bushes, pushed them in reached for the new through bolts and nuts and remounted the brackets, slap it all back together, dropped it back to the floor then tightened up the through bolts and bracket bolts. Took it out and gone is the banging noises. There's still some slight clinks but I'm guessing maybe strut mounts and ball joints up front. Thanks for ur help guys. Just got to find the crimped door ajar light in the drivers door now. :-D

ScubaSteve said:
P1060102.JPG

these are the new batch ones... the previous old batch had blue lock thread on them and were around £1.50 or so each... i think i depleted ford stocks of them or something as the new ones with the orange lock thread came in at a rediculous £3.50 ish each.. :?

bit like the fully shouldered front bush which went from £7 to nearly £30 :eek:

lol

Back