rear fog light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

hi guys.

My rear left fog light has never fitted snug and has gone a horrible dull colour.

I managd to source some nearly new ones now but when i came to fit them, the right fitted really easy and was straight forward. Howver on the left side there apears to be wires with a connector behind wer the back of the fog light fits, causing the fog light not to fit in fully :? As there is little movement wer the wire and connector can go ive no idea how to fit the fog light in now.

At the moment it just looks bare and horrible with one side missing and i want to get it sorted before chatworth show.

Any one any ideas? I can try and get a pic 2moro if its any help

thanks in advance

Mike

could be the joy of having a handmade bumper.....not all my bits fit brilliantly. its a case of filing a little here & there sometimes.

you gonna have the titanium side meshes on for chatsworth?

Il take a pic 2moro, cant seem to find the same connector on the right hand side, strange.

Is your avator with your carbon bonnot bok? pics pics pics, lol.

Jacko, ive not got the titanium meshes on yet, wanted to have the car resprayed first, but that isnt going to happen for awhile now :( What was the stuff you used to fix them on again please? I will try to get them on before it. How do i go about getting the old one off? seems to be really stuck on there, lol.

thanks for the replys, pics will follow 2moro :)

12052009012.jpg

theres the pic.

any ideas what i can do with this. the wire doesnt seem to allow the connector to move much making it impossible for the fog light to fit in :?

thanks for your help

Mike

i use silican sealer or similar. brute force to get my old (knackered) ones off

lol, thought that would be the caase to get them off. Il try and them sorted before Chatworth, going to just paint the center mesh a titanium silver aswell hopefully to try and match :)

I'll check behind my fog light tonight to see how it is on mine.

I used a hot glue gun to fix my FRP mesh in. Thoroughly clean the inside surface, apply a good bead of hot glue inside of the edge of the grille opening then use a tie wrap through the mesh to pull it onto the bumper (from the inside-out) firmly. It'll set almost instantly. Then run the hot glue gun around the inside edge of the mesh again to 'seal it' onto the previously applied glue bead.

I just kicked my old meshed inwards to remove them lol

thanks for the info :) ll try and give it ago before chatworth.

If you wouldnt mind that would be great bok. Its weird because i cant even see the same wire and connector on the other side so dont know wer it is/if there is one :s

Thanks

Without a doubt the wire/connector belogs to the boot solenoid which is situated on the rear panel on the left hand side, behind the rear bumper.
bootsol.jpg

It looks like the rear bunmper was removed at some point and replaced with the boot solenoid wire trapped in the wrong position. If you can unplug it I think you'll find you can't open the boot without the key.

Only solution is to remove the bumper again and re-route the wires correctly.

ah rite, ofcourse. Just remembered my mate tool the bumper off when sorting all the underside rust etc. Must of been then, as ive always had a screw missing from that side. :derr:

Thanks for your time Colin, il get round to doing that 2moro hopefully.

Back