Rear fogs on a late car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian G

Not fuse 10, that's early ones, anyone know why these aren't working?

Got a clicking noise in the fuse box but no lights either on the switch or the bumper.

I'm pretty sure there's a relay for the rear fog lights... might be worth checking that too.

Yeah lights on, OS had already failed, customer had bridged a wire across to the other side, connected it up and now neither work.

Clicking noise normally means relay is not working/wired correctly, I would remove bridging wire before going any further, could be previous bod connected it in wrong place

I cant help whit the fuse nr, but what I do to test fuses in these cases is I take a probe light to the fuses to se wich is broken... If only one side lights up, the fuse is blown. That's what the 2 points on top of the fuse is for.
Hope it helps..

For future reference, clicking noise is the GEM module which is behind the fuse box.

Fog feed comes in on the blue plug. There's a fuse for this module is in the main rack which is labelled in the owners' manual, and one of three more on the GEM unit itself.

This particular fault was with the bulb holders, which annoyingly was one of the last things I checked. But the owner attempting to bridge one light to the other side is what caused the fuse to go - I assume the GEM unit can't supply enough current to power both lights which is why the fuse is rated quite low.

Now also stocking GEM units as I've had a few out to swap in to this car which are now on my shelf :lol:

All part numbers start YS6T-14K150 with the other two letters identifying the version.

Back