red master key

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue3

Does anyone know if you can program a red master key with 2 slave keys?

I had a key issue today, so decided to use the red key and found out it is not the key for my car !!! I have purchased a nos red key but wondered if it is a ford job to reprogram?

Cheers

Simon

As per this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111295144870?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your car shouldn't have a red master key - its too new.

If you've got two working keys (either three button or old style with the red tab on) you can program further keys.

If you've not got two I think you're stuck without paying someone. I've been trying to find out how to do it to no avail, not many people want to give away trade secrets!

Interesting, I have 2 working keys a simple key with no transponder and a red key thats not for my car!!!

May just get another key and add it, i have got a spare blank anyway.

Thanks Ian

Wild E. Coyote said:
Just out of interest how much would be a normal (i.e. average) price for getting a blank key cut in UK?

I got a key cut for £3.00.. But I programmed it myself with my 2 keys that came with the car.

Simon... By the looks of things it looks like you'll have to get a new key programmed by a locksmith.

Back