Remote Central locking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilipalmer

My Puma didn't come with remote central locking and I'd really fancy having it. There are plenty of genuine Ford modules on Ebay but I wonder how much of an hassle they are to install. Anyone have experience with this?

I don't think I've come across a UK Puma without RCL. Are you sure it's missing?

red said:
I don't think I've come across a UK Puma without RCL. Are you sure it's missing?

Well, I don't think I explained myself too well. The car has central locking, meaning if I open one door the other one will open too. But I wanted to do that remotely and mine can't do that.

Maybe it had it originally but the remote was lost? You could try going through the remote central locking programming procedure and see if it goes in the the part where you need to press a button on a fob, if that works then buy a fob (red not blue) and try programming it.

red said:
Maybe it had it originally but the remote was lost? You could try going through the remote central locking programming procedure and see if it goes in the the part where you need to press a button on a fob, if that works then buy a fob (red not blue) and try programming it.

Do all Pumas come with a infrared sensor?

The early models were infrared but it changed to RF for a bigger part of production, probably looking at late 98 early 99 as a cross over.

red said:
The early models were infrared but it changed to RF for a bigger part of production, probably looking at late 98 early 99 as a cross over.
Mine is a 2000. Where would I find the the RF receiver?

As far as I know it's somewhere behind the fuse box. 2000 would definitely be RF not IR

No worries, I've seen a couple of mentions of the unit being behind the fuse box, just lowering it carefully and you will find it, but I've never looked for it. Not only this but looking at it visually isn't going to tell you a whole lot as the unit also controls loads of other stuff like the hazards, intermittent windscreen, heated windscreen (as far as I've read). So I guess the only useful thing you might find is the part number.

I still think for the cost of the fob it could be worth just trying it :)

Back