Remove and Replace engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, there isn't. It's probably something that the majority of members wouldn't even consider trying on their own.

for everything there must be a first time. :cool:

i'm going to upgarde an 1.4 into 1.7, and I was looking for some advice

cheers

gijs

everthing, about remove the engine and to replace the engine

I've bought a 1.4 Puma from 1999 with broken engine, and I want to replace the engine with an 1.7
out of my puma (bad body) from 1998.

both don't have climat control...and i fugure for replacing i must replace engine, gearbox, ecu, exhaust
but I don't know if the wiring is the same

gijs

Moved to "under the bonnet" until there is a "how to guide" to put in the how to guides" section..

:eek:k:

to do that you need to replace engine gearbox although if you keep the 1.4 box will give better acceleration but slower top end, change the ECU and the whole loom also need the key so might as well swap the steering colum to make it easy,

think thats all! sounds easy! :p

Sorry

what do you mean with the loom, Wiring.? is there any change it's the same, except the ECU

ok, you mean all electrical wiring, this was allready the plan .

I;m going to strip my old puma and swap it

gijs

You will need to change over the transponders in the key also. Won't start without it. Each is coded to the ecu. Although you could just have the old key on the keyring get it close and it'll pick it up.

have picked up today my new Puma with broken engine so the project can start

I'm verry bussy wth the project as you can see, except the 1.4 hasn't got ABS etc so I need that from my old Puma.

No i'm also busy with getting my ABs etc removed from my old Puma

But for changing the loom...do I need the whole loom from engine bay with fusebox and loom
of the dashboard

Back