Replacement 3-piece Clutch Kit - Which make?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rigsby

Anyone have any experience, pointers or preferences for what would be a recommended make for a good quality standard 1.7 clutch kit (3-piece). This is for a standard road-going Puma but I don't want to buy a poor quality one, I'd like it to be at least as good as the standard factory fit. I have no idea of what makes are good and what are just cheap and nasty.

I've seen LUK for £105 delivered, anyone know if they are any good.

National seem a fair bit cheaper (about £70) but I suspect they are budget quality?

I have heard that QH (£131) and Borg and Beck (£145) are good - but not sure if the extra money is worth spending.

I'm not being tight and don't mind spending a bit more, but conversely, don't have money to waste either, so looking for best quality with value for money.

You've already said it mate...nothing wrong with LUK clutch kit.
I have one fitted in my FRP (and I know of others who have them). No problems.
Paul

748 said:
...nothing wrong with LUK clutch kit. I have one fitted in my FRP (and I know of others who have them). No problems...
Thanks for that Paul. I'd not heard of LUK before, so useful to hear what people thought and what the general consensus of opinion was over the cheaper versus more expensive brands. I had a feeling the solution might be somewhere in the middle, but still good to hear that LUK are of a good standard.

Latest posts

Back