replacing wishbones

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckieloon

hi, first of all i am new here and so far learned off this site how to change the puma headlamp bulbs and also how to repair my open door warning light that would not go off, many thanks for the advice fellow puma owners. i need now to change my wishbones is it simple enuff for a simpleton like me or would you advise me to go to the local rip off garage

buckie.....loon

depends on how good you are and how much patience you have,i have done both sides within a couple of hours and most of that time was trying to get 1 bolt undone on each side,so long as you have a good set of spanners,socket set,axle stands,trolley jack, and a hammer,plenty of plasters and cups of tea should be fine,location would help aswell mate,never know but there could be a membeer local to you who may help you out!!!

what he said ^^^.... and can result in lots of swearing! as I found out replacing the wishbones on my black puma! :lol:

The "How To" sections good: :wink:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=8955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

follow this order...may help a lot... :cool:

Seperate the ball joint (T50 and a 17 spanner)...
undo front bush bolt and nut (could be a nightmare if the bolt is corroded onto the inside of the bush casing!)...get the car nice and high so you can get a decent 'swing' on your breaker bar. :twisted: ..18mm spanner and 15mm 1/2" socket
Undo the rear bush bolt and nut...(bit easier to get a swing, but could also be seized)... yank away from the car... :lol: :cool:

replace nuts and bolts on re-fit..makes a much tidier job :cool:

Regards

how hard is this if yeve got a decent impact driver? jus got myself a dewalt dcf899 1300nm undoing tourque, shreds 12mm 8.8 bolt heads off

Just be sure you have the appropriate replacement nuts and bolts if you choose to use the nut runner :lol:

You stand more chance of getting them out whole if you use a strongbar. Personally, I like to give parts like that a good bath in duck oil half hour before attempting to remove them.

Hope this helps,
Rob.

Back