Rounded Ball Joint Pinch Bolt

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starfire27

Went to remove a wishbone today only to find a completely rounded off T50 head on the pinch bolt. I didn't even try and get it off as I knew I would never get it back on so have ordered two new bolts.

I know these are a common 'Pain' to get off so just wondering if anyone has experience with getting knackered one out? Will need to buy a screw extractor to get it out or can I just blast the other 18mm spanner side of if it with my impact wrench and hope it loosens enough to get some mole grips on.

Thanks

Or a nutsplitter to bust the nut and tap it out, as you ordered a new set.

41lK9xLFYmL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

did you get the nut off..??

you only need to find a way to hold the bolt still as you undo the nut... it often stays still on it's own...

The bolt isn't 'screwed' into anything so as soon as you get the nut off just use another bolt to wack it back through.. :idea:

:)

il second that....the fit is so tight the bolt is usually held solid and its only been rounded off cos some muppet tried to tighten it....you tighten the nut on the other side, the t50 is JUST to be held still, not rotated

undo the nut to the end of the thread....tap nut with hammer so it moves the bolt loose, hold bolt from other side with mole grips and remove nut all the way, remove bolt

if nut is stuck; blow torch (oxy-acetylene; garage job) to heat the corrosion, when it cools the 2 parts will be seperate again as youv destroyed the rust holding the 2 together.

Back