SB's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean b

Thought it was about time I started one of these, so hear it goes.

I bought my puma a little under a year ago; to replace my rover 216i...the puma was not an obvious choice at first but remembering my brother had once owned one I decided to give it a look. For the cash I could not find a better looking car. After viewing a few very bad, and suspioucs examples in the south it was decided I would take my search northwards where I found the car I would eventually buy. An unmodified 1998 1.7 in black with 65,000 on the clock for £1700.

the car has a full service history made from a mixture of ford and other main dealers, though the garage I bought it from assured me it had had a cam belt change, they had no receipts to back this up and thus I booked it in at tremona to get the cam belt done 2 weeks after picking it up.

I had not planned to modify the puma at first but after a month my fingers were twitching and the following took place;
1 ) LED panels fitted in the boot
2 ) HID kit fitted :)
3 ) Upgraded to 258mm brakes after finding a bargain pair of drilled and grooved disk in Halfords
4 ) Go faster stripes (not sure what I was thinking hear) NOW REMOVED :-D
5 ) Scorpion cat back exhaust, eBay bargain :)
6 ) White mk6 RS2000 wheels
7 ) Powerflex bushes all round :) my road legal go kart
8 ) New track rod ends, bottom ball joint, steering arm
9 ) Air box modification
10 ) Various interior mods

What the future holds;

around august of this year the puma will no longer be my daily driver and with having longer stints at home with idle hands I have decided to turn it into a project to play with, plans are to do a complete bare metal rebuild, cage and lighten the shell, coilovers, remove abs and servo assistance, upgrade front and rear brakes. This is a very brief overview from a rather long list, i know the puma is of very little value, and doing any of the above will add little if any value. but i just want something to play with :p

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Cheers
Sean

I'm likeing this car. When you mean 'go faster stripes' did you mean the ones down the side? I think they look good. Better down the side than like viper stripes over the top!

Not really feeling the wheels though, they would look better if they were bigger, they just look a bit small. I think it looks better on the propellor wheels on the top picture.

Nice wheels i have the same but in standard silver :) Put some 10mm spacers on all round too to bring the offset back down to ET31. I'm liking the stripes too!

Cheers all, the stripes lasted little over 2 months before i ripped them off.....its hard not to be treat like a chav with them on!

i fitted LED panels in the boot to replace my standard boot light, will get some pics and put them up in the next few weeks

As can be read in my other topic http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6708 i got a heated screen put in, i went to the scrap yard yesterday to get the loom and it turns out its not as hard as i first thought. Getting the heated screen loom out of the car is a nightmare; you have to take the dash off. But once there is simple enough.

image.php

The green connector is for the switch in the dash, the green relay mounts down on the fuse box in the driver foot well and the big black block connector clips into the block connector installed in all puma's. It’s located on the passenger side of the centre console. The two other wires go off to the heated screen connectors and the stain on the carpet is the good quality student halls i live in :p ...will be putting this in sometime next week once my tattoo i got yesterday is healed up.

image.php

also got my replacement for my back box through the post this week, just waiting on parts so i can get on and fabricate a new link pipe.

image.php

that hardest part was getting the dash out grrrrrrr...but when i put it back it will route things diffrently, might have to extend the loom to do so, but this is easier than trying to get the dash of my car without damaging it.

dont forget the pics of the locations for the heatedwindow loom will save me alot of time looking around

i never got any pictures at the scrap yard...going back there this week so will take some..as best as i can for you

Latest posts

Back