Seats to high for tall drivers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewjeffs

My 2001 pumas seat,even when pumped right down on the adjuster are just to highly mounted.My head is on the roof,and my knees are touching the steering wheel.
Im not mega tall at 6ft 2",but its a real pain to be looking through the roof lining!

I have heard the earlier pumas seats sit lower?

Or is there any options to lower the seats i have in it?

Just wondering Andrew, do you have a spikey hair style? Just ask because I'm 6'2" in a 2001 Thunder, so I would presume the same seats, and I'm fine for head room. Probably have 1-2 inches clear but less if my hair is styled upwards :lol:

I have my seat fully back which might help considering the curvature of the roof?

i sit closer to the steering wheel than most tall people,and have my seat quite upright..which doesnt help.

But you tall guys cant tell me you are comfortable looking through the top of the windscreen,with your knees touching the steering wheel.

just thought i would point something out :D just because the op is 6.2ft and someone else is taller and doesn't have a problem,that maybe his upper body is longer than there's and his legs are shorter which would make head height a problem.

does anyone know if the seat can be lowered or swopped for a lower item :lol:
We have established other taller people can fit pumas,and i have the upper body of a orangutan!

andrewjeffs said:
does anyone know if the seat can be lowered or swopped for a lower item :lol:
We have established other taller people can fit pumas,and i have the upper body of a orangutan!

lol,I think (pumanoob) did something with his std seats to lower them a few years back so he mite be able to help you,I wouldn't know i have to pump the seat up a little to get the right height :cool:

Old thread I know... I have the exact same problem, when I get the time I'm going to see if the seats can be mounted lower somehow. If I have to I'll remove the slider rails and have the driving side fixed, passengers for the rear can get in from the other side

Tommy_Puma said:
Old thread I know... I have the exact same problem, when I get the time I'm going to see if the seats can be mounted lower somehow. If I have to I'll remove the slider rails and have the driving side fixed, passengers for the rear can get in from the other side

From a safety & MOT aspect is that allowable?

Puma Babe said:
From a safety & MOT aspect is that allowable?
Good point.

Another thing that I'm sure we all do is to put the seat forward first for rear seat passengers (midget/children, etc) and then offer them to get in. That's fine, but if you think about it, how are they going to know how to get out again on their own in a hurry, if needed?

Back