she goes off the road next week

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

to have the clutch changed removal of the racing clutch and fitting of the 220 bhp clutch
new box with quaiffe lsd
rear abs sensor fitting
body work spruce up, just clearing a few scratches
fitting of milltek exhaust (we are now official dealers for these exhausts if anyone wants one)
new bushes on rear
40mm spacers
and fix minor leaks on here and there.
Fix air con..

she failed the MOT on the ball joints they have gone already....I used std units from Ford and they have done less than 1000 miles...that cannot be right, well one side has gone. Anyone got any thoughts...

paulob1 said:
she failed the MOT on the ball joints they have gone already....I used std units from Ford and they have done less than 1000 miles...that cannot be right, well one side has gone. Anyone got any thoughts...

Faulty part if they were that new?

I wonder if the welding of the new lower wishbones caused heat damage to the joint...as we left the riveted ball joints in place...this is how it appeared that ford did it originally..

no just one side...will get welder to have a look, its very odd, if could be just a duff one i suppose...

paulob1 said:
ok will get it...where is the turbo and manifold...

Turbo and manifold i put in your parts room, as you go in the door theyre on the floor on the left near the leather interior.
The ball joint should just be in a box as you open the door on the iso...

I will be getting my quaiffe lsd gearbox this weekend and then its rebuild Nitrous puma time...cannot wait...puma speed just isnt the same as Nitrous puma...

nothing that would be of any use, i need the gearbox so i can rebuild it with another LSD...and see if we can rebuild it properly this time...not sure what we did wrong last time but it has to be something we did not the lsd failing...we will rebuild the two boxes side by side to see where we made the mistake...

Back