Shocks n springs or coilovers........?????

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends what application you want them for, decent shocks and springs are good for fast road use, whereas decent coilovers will be better for a smooth surface, eg, a track.

Also consider cost and quality, a decent set of shocks and springs will be better then the worse coilovers in any situation.

well mostly it'll be for road use but be nice to take it to a track and have a play every now and then :) So on a budget would shocks n springs be a good allrounder for every day use then abit on a track?
cheers :grin:

As Steve says, all depends on your budget. A cheap option would be to just get some Eibach lowering springs c£115 which may well be sufficient for the odd foray onto the track. You may also need new shock's depending on the condition of your current one's (apparently the OEM one's are your best option), when you add up all the cost for that lot you might not be far from the cost of a decent set of budget adjustable coilover's i.e. AP or Weitec GT's which are £422 & £458 respectively.

we'll see cos im wanting quite a few more mods yet so i think springs n shocks will do me..... dont wannt be forking out nearly 500 notes for coilovers when i can go lower for more than half that lol.
cheers lads

the coilovers are adjustable btw, so youl be able to go lower with those if that is what you're after.

also lowness is good if youre just after looks, but not always the bst option for handling, i also noticed when i had my coilovers set too low the drivability was hindered, and i also got some strange vibration feedback which went when i highered it,

i suspect the inner cv joint was having to work at too much of an angle, the inner should be bent no more then 18 degrees max and the outer 45 degrees max

hey i went for ap coilovers but ave ad some fitting problems. . . but have made a big difference, mainly the lack of roll is impressive. downside bit of a spinebreaker when you come across a phantom pothole!

i dont really wanna be scraping the cills across the floor lol. just low enough to get rid of that gap between the arches n the tyres.... sports springs n shocks will do me i think n if not ill save up n get some coilys :grin: but i think 40mm is jus about right.. :grin: :grin:

Matched Springs and dampers are a good bet for a budget id say.

But then i'm going coilovers so bit of a controdiction

I know what your saying Scott. I'm as tight as a budgies ar$e, I want mine lowering for look's, but I want hadnling too, so I'm on the verge of getting coilover's, but then I keep thinking why pay that much as I only want the handling once a year for the Ring....BUT, then I think why pay out so much for springs and new shock's when a little more will buy the coilover's....pmsl.

Paul

You have a choice buy the Coilovers or ill get your face posted in all the caffine producing companies in the world asking them not to supply you with coffee, the sugar companies to not supply you with sugar and cigeratta companies to not supply you with smokes

This inculdes all by products to

lol...might be right for the coffee and sugar but the baccy will last me 690 days give or take a day...lol

Yes, I'm as organised as you. I know exactly how long stuff will last in my house. As I get older I get more and more anal about everything that costs me money so I can budget, budget, budget....lol.

Geez...talk about off topic...lol

Back