Side Light Removal - help needed now!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blue

I've just replaced dipped beams and want to change the sidelight bulbs while I have the units out. The book says pull the socket out - I've tried every which way but they won't shift. They will spin but not pull out.

What am I doing wrong? I will be really hacked off if I have to replace the units without doing it. I've already wasted most of the morning!!

I used to find a pair of long nosed pliers helps to get them out :eek:k:

Thanks Dal and Matt

No - still not out. I gave up and put the units back. I tried fingers, long nosed pliers and even tied a piece of string round and pulled but they weren't having any of it!

I've just replaced mine this weekend.
I used long nosed pliers as mentioned before.
I just twisted and pulled, and out it came. There is no actual twist lock as there is with the dipped beam.
I did however notice, that when I refitted them they were not as tight a fit as before.
Much prefer the twist lock design tbh
I suggest trying again with the pliers and just wiggle whilst gently pulling, eventually it will come out.
Best of luck
Damo

Remove headlamp unit.
Unclip 4 clips attaching lens to housing. Take unit indoors, allow plastics to warm up first to reduce chance of breaking clips! Link:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10186" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Once lens is removed, you can push bulb/holder assembly out from front:

Changed mine today for led ones and sh1t they are bright... bulb holder spun freely but to get em out it's a wiggle and pull, I got em out with my fingers but did remove indicator bulb to get a better grip. Hope it helps.

Latest posts

Back