Sills Group Buy (Potential!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked to Mike from Ex-Pressed; he apologises for the delay. They're still working out the best/most cost-effective way to do this.

They've done some "draft" laser-cut arch replacement panels based on the Puma-Schmeide ones I gave them; there's still a little bit of tweaking to do on these, but as soon as they're happy they can make them to the high quality they rest their reputation on, in quantity and at a sensible price I'll be the first to know. It is likely that these will be available before the sill replacement panels.

As for the sill replacement panels, they're considering doing them in two parts to keep costs down rather than a single pressed piece - 1) the straight part of the sill under the scuff plate (which pretty much always rots) and 2) the rear corner under the door door which tends to go as well. You will be able to buy either or both depending on where your rot has set in. Again, they're still in the R&D phase and are more concerned about doing it right than doing it quickly (evidently!)

11709561_10153542317216458_8883835847839139183_n.jpg

I'll keep chasing, and as soon as I get any news I will update this thread.

In other news (and I don't want to get anyone too excited as this may be a way off yet), but Ex-Pressed have managed to get hold of some original, unused FRP front and rear quarter panels from Pumabuild, so FRP replica bodykits may be on the cards (albeit made of steel not aluminium). They can't do the bumpers as these are fibreglass.

Well that all sounds great ! I like the idea of a 2 part sill since when pennies are tight then thats a good option...unless the sills are completely gone and you would have to pay out either way! On the other note the bodykits sound interesting would be intrigues to see what they come out like :lol: :idea:

evilrob said:
Again, they're still in the R&D phase and are more concerned about doing it right than doing it quickly (evidently!)

Right is much better than right now ;-)

I'd be interested in sills and arches, depending on cost of course.

Alle the way from Holland: I'd be interested in a pair of sills and arches (not only the upper side of the curve, all the way down please).... depending on the price! Will be going to the FordFair.. soooo :grin:

How they getting on Rob? Appreciate they do things right, but they have to appreciate that people may lose interest/funds/the car itself. Isn't it pushing on for three months now?

I don't want to step on any toes, just feel their communication hasn't been very inclusive so far. Obviously I cant talk for others, but I'm starting to lose hope a little :(

No-one is more irritated by the lack of progress than me - they've chopped up my sills and arches and I've got nothing to show for it.

Hi Guys
Just to put your minds at rest they take their time over producing panels and quote long return times when you order but it seldom takes as long as they quote. In my experience they haven't big enough presses to produce one off pressings but will make a complicated panel up from a number of pressings welded together. They may be expensive but they are our only hope for keeping the Puma going.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Guys
Just to put your minds at rest they take their time over producing panels and quote long return times when you order but it seldom takes as long as they quote. In my experience they haven't big enough presses to produce one off pressings but will make a complicated panel up from a number of pressings welded together. They may be expensive but they are our only hope for keeping the Puma going.
Barry
Hey Barry - can you give Mike a nudge as well seeing as you know him better than any of us.

I've communicated how grumpy people are getting but he still doesn't seem to give a shit, frankly.

Starting to wish I hadn't bothered - got people nagging me on Facebook as well. Tempted to fuck the whole thing right off to be honest.

Hi Rob
No probs, I'll have a word next week see how they're doing. He will give a shit, though, as it is all income to him. Don't forget now that they will be the premier suppliers of Puma, as well as Anglia :) panels.
Barry

tuonokid said:
He will give a shit, though, as it is all income to him.
You'd have thought, wouldn't you - he's sitting on about 50 orders.

I'd have expected them to be falling over themselves to keep the interest going - maybe start showing photographs of some of the prototypes or whatever. As it stands, people are just getting pissed off. At me. I'm sick of making excuses for them - I can't log in on here or Facebook without someone harassing me about it.

I'm sure none of us mean to harass you Rob, just that you're our point of contact. I'll gladly take up communications with them on your behalf and keep at them for updates? Its part of what I do for a living :)

Don't give up on it. You've done so much already it would be a crime to jack it in.

Edit - I see Barry has already stepped in, sorry! Offer is there if it is ever required.

Hi Emma
I put Rob in touch with Sam and Mike a few months back so it's all down on me now but thanks anyway :)
Barry

ArtfulHussy said:
I'll gladly take up communications with them on your behalf and keep at them for updates?
Knock yourself out. I've posted on the Facebook group for anyone interested to call Mike themselves; I figure if we become enough of a nuisance things might start happening!

ArtfulHussy said:
Don't give up on it. You've done so much already it would be a crime to jack it in.
The parts will be available eventually, with or without my involvement - they've got everything they need to produce what we want, they just need to actually crack on and do it (and work out how much they need to charge to be both a compelling proposition for Puma enthusiasts and profitable for them).

Hi Guys
I think that the carrot may be better than the stick in this situation. If loads of people ring/facebook/whatever they may cause annoyance, far better to encourage etc. I'm sure this will happen and I will have a friendly word with Mike/Sam this next week.
Don't forget you are dealing with Yorkshire men/women :grin:
Barry

Hi Guys
I just spoke to Sam at Ex-Pressed and unfortunately Mike is on Holiday at the moment so I was unable to ask him for more details but Sam confirmed that they will be manufacturing the sills but they are on the back burner at the mo due to other commitments, staff shortages etc. I will ring again when Mike's back and if it's ok with everyone on here suggest that they manufacture a step sill rather than a replica full Ford sill as it will be cheaper and easier to produce. (this is everything that is on the Ford sill other than the pressing behind the front wings so there will be a welded join necessary to the existing sill just to the rear of the front wing).
I hope this is ok for everyone but feel free to comment if you disagree.
Barry

Back