Sluggish start?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireFly90

I've noticed sometimes that my puma sometimes struggles to pull away initially from a stand still but once past about 3000rpm its fine. Most of the time it happens when i have passengers which is understandable since it's extra weight, but sometimes even on my own going for a quick start it seems like the clutch slips for too long before it kicks in. I figure it could be one of 3 options:-

• The traction control being too... controlling
  • The clutch plates are starting to ware (unlikely since nothing was mentioned in last service report)
  • The engine is slightly lacking in power (unlikely... Period.)

Any ideas?

Just another theory:
3000 rpm is a point when variable cam timing kicks in. It sounds like VCT solenoid in your Puma might get stuck somethimes. How long it's been since your last oil change? Do you use 5w30 oil? Do you use engine flush before oil change?
Basic DTC scan can eliminate this theory, so if you can, check your Puma for fault codes.

I've read a few other topics on here, now that i think about it i don't think I've ever managed to spin the wheels from a stand still in a straight line, had a couple of squeaks/slips setting off round a corner when theres been loose stones on the road but that's about it. Is it because i have traction control that i can't spin wheels? Or maybe have my throttle and clutch balances all wrong :?

Latest posts

Back