sounds like an old bed!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

right, first noticed this the other day on my way to work. started as a small squeek at slow speeds but it has now developed into being really noisy and also something is knocking like hell. it seems like it is coming from the front end but is a bit hard to tell. it also seems to have gone abit sloppy with the handling of late. ivenot got chance to look until tommorroow but i was hoping the
that you guys would have some ideas of where to look first. cheers,chris

Hey Mate, its most likeley suspension related, could be a a few causes... top mounts, drop links, broken coil springs, worn shocks, ball joints, bushes.. (I bet its a top mount tho)
Best to get it to a garage an get it checked out..

Or if your mechanical minded, start with a bounce test rocking each corner of the car, it should settle out almost instantly.
Next i'd jack up the fronts an check for play in the suspension, a broken coil should be easy to spot, but if its a top mount there should be alot of up an down movement in the suspension leg, also pop the bonnet an check the suspension turret (were the top mount is located) you might feel a bit of play there but it can be hard to tell..
Hope that helps..

Our Cougar did this and it turned out to be the drop links.
Hopefully this is the same problem for you as they are only about £15 a pair :cool:

cheers guys, just had a look and the droplink is knackered. the bloody things have only been on since november last year! unfortunately being sunday there is no where local that i can get another,ill have to wait for tomorrow to definately confirm that this is the only problem.

Latest posts

Back