Spare Parts Warranty?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gigglebug

Hi all

Had the Puma MOT'd today and was disappointed (to say the least) to learn that there is already enough play in the ball joint on one of the front wishbones for an advisory. I only bought them from Foray Motor Group in October last year.

I had a quick search and the only real pointer is in the thread below so I was just wondering if anyone else can confirm that official parts have a twelve month warranty?

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=25905&p=322706&hilit=parts+warranty#p322706

Has anyone ever made a claim and what is the process? I've got the original receipt obviously and the MOT certificate which shows less than 9000 miles in the year March 2016 - March 2017 let alone from October so they won't be able to cite mileage as a factor.

Many thanks

As far as I know any part (and I do mean ANY part regardless of its intended use) should be "fit for purpose" so if it fails before a reasonable amount of service and has been fitted/used correctly it is deemed "not fit for purpose" and should therefore be replaced free.
This applies to anything not just car spares.
As to claiming that refund/replacement, somebody on here will have a better idea on that I am sure
Hope that helps

Is Foray Motor Group a Ford dealership?

When I had my Mk2 Focus ST, there was an issue that meant the brake disc and pads I bought from a Ford Dealership kept warping. They swapped them free of charge twice and even fitted them again for me (even though I fitted them the first time)

The culprit was later discovered as a lower bearing bush on the wishbone but I'd had 3 sets of discs by then...

If you did get them even as a part from a Ford parts desk, go and have a word. :eek:k:

Cheers all

I've spoken to Foray and they have sent me through a warranty claims with the instructions below

Hello

Warranty Procedure

All Ford Parts are covered by a European wide warranty there are two methods for these claims.

Contact your local Ford Dealership Service Department, stating that you purchased a part from Foray Motor Group and you suspect it to be faulty, you need proof of your original purchase (Our Invoice), they will book your car into their workshop and replace and fit the faulty part free of charge.

Purchase a replacement part from us or your local Dealer, Then return the faulty part to us with a copy of the original invoice, a copy of the replacement part invoice and a completed warranty claim form (we can e-mail a claim form to you), we will submit the claim to Ford Motor Company and when accepted will refund the price of the part.

Return Address:
Foray Parts FPUK,
Unit 4 Highpost Business Park,
A345,
Salisbury,
Wiltshire,
SP4 6AT

I going to go for the second option I think but I'm going to have to make sure that any postal costs and mechanic fees are covered first as outlined by law.

Why not just get them to change it for free as per option 1?

Just because I had everything I could polybushed which includes the other end of the wishbone. I don't want them to use that as an excuse for the fault. I'll get it swopped over and use the bushes from the new wishbone to make up the old one to send back.

Latest posts

Back