Speed Sensor Issue

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumafez

Hello! :)
I've got a bit of a problem with my speedometer.

Firstly, I'll just start by saying, I have a Fiesta MK5 which is Puma converted (1.7). Everything related to the engine (such as the gear box, etc.) has all been replaced with parts from a Puma. If this is not the correct place to mention this, I do apologise.

My vehicle speedometer sensor (VSS) has stopped working. I've been told it's located near the gear box?
I haven't had much time recently to take a look so I took it to a garage in the hope that they could repair it.
Technically, they did, for about a mile. Then it died again.
Now, the speedometer is just dead. It does not move and the trip computer has been on 0.0 miles for the last 30 or so.

I've already wasted £40, and I'm hoping that some people off here know exactly where this sensor is located - so that I can have a try of fixing this myself. So... does anybody know? :'(

I've had a real research online but can't seem to find anything.

Cheers for reading! :)

Back of the gearbox, bit of a squeeze to reach down between the battery and the engine but possible, its screwed in to the gearbox and also pulled in under the coilpack.

Common failure on these is the insulation fails on the wires and they short.

Looks like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-VSS-vehicle-speed-sensor-95BB-9E731-BA-/182376838183

Latest posts

Back