Sportex 4-2-1

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumad

Hi there,

While i was looking for a new performance mod, i came across this 4-2-1.. In Holland (where I live) there are not people who have tried modding their Puma, so i will try here!

Question is: is it any good? I looked up a little bit of projects here, and saw that there are no people who reviewed them yet, but i know some of you got it!

When i had enough money i would go for the German Tuninghaus manifold, but i'm a student so a bit on the budget!
$T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8HHQBQK7vfwUTg~~60_12.JPG

Please give me you're thoughts!

p.s. at this moment i also have a Tuninghaus CAI (which should add 7 bhp in the middle rpm range), mondeo 2.0 throttle body and Remus backbox!
IMG_20120316_164027.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

It's a real dull question, so don't mind but, what difference it actually makes...

because you lose your catylist and you have a better set of plumbing :lol:

more torquier in the middle?

Kizza said:
pumad said:
Okey! Them i'm ordering one for my cat!

any problems with not mounting the heatshield on?

i didnt put mine back on but i am exhaust wraping mine soon before it goes back on the road. i did however need to file one of the holes to fit onto the studs on the block. took about 5 mins to do.

I've recently brought and prep'd a sportex 4-2-1 (lastest edition to Project Tread in Sig) Planning on heatwrapping it too, how many meter's will it take do u think? Got the feeling 10m wont cut it.

hmm, think i will order it this summer with some meters of heatwrap. Looks a save way of dealing without the heatshield!

Think i'm gonna start a project thread, just ordered some coilovers and other bits :)

Kizza said:
grayfox said:
Kizza said:
pumad said:
Okey! Them i'm ordering one for my cat!

any problems with not mounting the heatshield on?

i didnt put mine back on but i am exhaust wraping mine soon before it goes back on the road. i did however need to file one of the holes to fit onto the studs on the block. took about 5 mins to do.

I've recently brought and prep'd a sportex 4-2-1 (lastest edition to Project Tread in Sig) Planning on heatwrapping it too, how many meter's will it take do u think? Got the feeling 10m wont cut it.

i was thinking 10m would be touch and go. but im a cheap skate so i will stretch it a little :wink: the engines out of my car currently im going to be doing a lot of metal work lengtherning the front end my 40mm a side :wink:

Yup 10m definitely isn't enough! I started wrapping a couple of branches last night, each branch before the join measured 2.7m and I could of wrap it with even smaller folds.

What do people with the sportex do about the lamba holes? can you buy particular hole plugs or do you just plug both in and ignore the warning light?

8370047724_e9e0deba5a.jpg

Lamba holes

8370047438_6e103478b0_z.jpg

Kizza said:
i have only got one sensor and i put that it the upper hole, i then put the plug into the lower hole. how much wrap would you need then? would be great to know for future referance when i come to do mine. have you test fitted the manifold yet? you may need to file 2 holes a touch before it will fit.

I didnt get a plug with mine :( but you didnt have to extend the lamba sensor?

Taking into account exhaust tube1 (first on the left in the pics) is shorter than the other 3, you want at least 10.5m to cover the 4 into 2 branches. You certainly wouldn't need another 5m to do the remaining, an extra 2m would definitely not be enough though.

I can quite confidently say you need 13-14 meters (but at the end of the day I'm pretty sure you'll save money buying a 5m roll than meter by meter)

14m+ would cover the flexy and more too but I'm not sure If your meant too? any idea?

im half way through putting a sportex 4-2-1 manifold on and im going to use the top hole for the lamba sensor, would the cable be long enough? and what size spanner is the lamba sensor as mines stuck in hard. i will be trying to put the heat shild back on it just woulnt have anywhere to attach to on the top so i will see what happens!!

:twisted:

jason

Pumaspeed do a 50cm extended lambda harness for £25. The Lambda Sensor is 22mm I think.

EDIT: I bought a PumaSpeed Harness to rule out my current harness. This harness does not fit, it has a round plug, not a square plug. Add to this I have been emailed Pumaspeed 3 times in a week and not had a single response. :evil:

I've a Sportex and use the current lambda cable with no extension on the top hole. Just unclip it from the bulk head and tie wrap it to one of the small vacuum hoses.

I found that the Sportex manifold sits very high and off center under the car, especially if you have new engine mounts.

Initially I had no cat and had to run a mid section with no silencer. (It only hit the underside of the car when on track.)

If you want to fit a cat, on my car at least I had to get a universal Magnaflow 200cell that was off centre and have it welded into the centre section.

Hope this helps,
Ben.

Back