Spot The Difference!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expatscot

Now, being a tight-fisted sweaty sock (Jock) there are no prizes, but then it is not really a difficult competition....

I apologise for the 'After' Pic - was taken on my phone just before 10pm when I finished messing about....

BEFORE
Puma2.jpg

AFTER
PumaNewProp.jpg

Yes indeedy....

:D

It's linked to my post in the 'What Made Your Day!" thread....
Guy nearby is going for the scrappage scheme... and he had props on his (in good condition) and he had just put 4 new BF Goodrich GForce Performance tyres on (well they have covered about 600 miles... no big deal).

So for £30 I got the props and the new tyres and a set of those 'aero' wiper blades.

My multi-spokes - which were a bit ratty around the edges... are on the one that gets scrapped.

Damned good deal as I see it!

GoodrichGForce2.jpg

GoodrichGForce.jpg

caloubear said:
it's facing the other way! maybe the props are on one side and the others on the other! maybe?? :whistle:

Yeah - I did think about the direction.... :p

I preferred the multi-spokes when got the Puma in December, but over time the props have really grown on me as being much more fitting for the car.

Am loving the tyres.... I came back from the 'change over' a lot quicker than I went there.

My old Puma came with Props, I thought they looked really nice. :)

am i the only one who doesnt like them?! doh. I was well chuffed when mine came with the multispokes

yippeekiay said:
No, I don't like them either but with the new tyres I'd have them...lol.

Much prefer the spokes although I got rid of mine within days anyway...lol

When I first bought the Puma I was glad I had the slightly later one with multi-spokes, but over time the Props grew on me and seemed more suited to the car, they were just for the Puma after all.

You're right about the tyres though... as I knew I need to replace 2 (they only just passed MOT - with advisory) and I thought the other 2 (P6000) were crap, it was a chance for good tyres for next to no cost...

By then I had decided I like the props and think they suit the car more - so that was a bonus.

Same thing happened to me, was happy with the 9 spokes but needed 4 tyres and saw 4 new Toyo's on fleabay on multispokes. The wheels they were on looked nice and when I picked them up I was well chuffed. Paid a little more than you but at £155 it was still a good buy for 16's

expatscot said:
When I first bought the Puma I was glad I had the slightly later one with multi-spokes, but over time the Props grew on me and seemed more suited to the car

Absolutely my sentiment.

I bought my 1.7 new and was chuffed when it arrived on the 'newer' wheels.

Now I haven't the slightest doubt that props are more suited to the car, more individual.

trimmer82 said:
am i the only one who doesnt like them?! doh. I was well chuffed when mine came with the multispokes

Nope, me neither..... the only wheels I actually like the look of are the multispoks which came on the thunder edition....

i have both sets FOR SALE in the for sale bit of this website if anyone is still feeling emotionally attached to their old prop/spoke wheels lol!

£65 - Props
£80 - Spokes

Props were designed for the car, they were on the launch advert and everything. If Mr McQueen says its ok then its fine by me.

Back