squeak & creak...?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

expatscot

Well that's what it sounds like.....

When going over bumps - especially all those traffic calming, but temper raising, speed humps the size of fricking Everest.

I get a squeak & creak from the car.... only just started in the last 2 days and is loud and continuous once its got going. I would have guessed some suspension component.

It doesn't do it all the time though..... car is quiet when starting off after it has sat for a time, but after been driving a bit, then it starts.

Been home for about 4 hours now... went out to the car and pushed up and down hard on each 'corner' a few times - nothing... the suspension does exactly what it is meant to do, noiselessly.

Any thoughts on where best to concentrate thoughts (if I jack the thing up tomorrow)?

zarablackcoupe said:
suspension mounts?.. just an idea..

It's as good as any as far as I am concerned, although I have tinkered, messed with, cars at times.... suspension it not something I have had call to fix as yet.

A suspension virgin, so to speak....

just have a check of the top mounts in case they are loose... :)

Drop links or suspension bushes I'd say. Possibly warn Anti-roll bar bushes.

Okay - all sounds plausible to me.....

I'll get a list of things to check going...

- suspension mounts
- drop links
- anti-roll bar bushes

Will now go search - here and other place, and web in general - so as I know what they all 'look like'.

:)

Drop link & Anti Roll bar bush:

DROPLINKarb.jpg

And the suspension mounts are obviously either end of your suspension dampers..lol

They were my old knackered onesdrop links. Along with the old knackered 238 brakes that fell apart when I bought the car, Eibach springs, knackered shock.... lol

Not going to do anything tonight - but will reschedule the work I had on for tomorrow and crank the car up, get the wheels off and poke about a bit.

Will also take it for a bit of a run and see how its turning, and if there's any veering when braking sharply.

Need to look into an exhaust patch kit from Halfords anyway - I need to do something about the 'blow' it has developed, but want to stall a month or so until I have some more readies for a stainless system.

Staceys creaks as well.

try pressing the wing up & down when car parked, and engine off.

her drivers side creaks, will get tremona to identify problem when her cambelt is done on 14th

spike. said:
try pressing the wing up & down when car parked, and engine off.

Been there, done that... :p

expatscot said:
Been home for about 4 hours now... went out to the car and pushed up and down hard on each 'corner' a few times - nothing... the suspension does exactly what it is meant to do, noiselessly.

Thanks for the thought though....

Will no doubt be back to this thread tomorrow once I have taken it for a spin and then jacked it up.

zarablackcoupe said:
haha.... she need her joints lubing hahaha!!!

Ohhh errr! :shock:

Anyway's, with a couple of cups of coffee in me for fuel... have to go crawl under the Puma now... more questions to follow, no doubt.

Further to all of the above... started a seperate thread relating to the exhaust

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=55886#55886" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A friend mentioned that because the 'creaks' only happen once the car has been in use for a short time, maybe it is just the shocks... they are fine when cool, inactive... but once used & warmed, loosened up that's when the creaking all starts.

So going to go for test drive and push it carefully round backroads... and then bounce up and down on all the corners.

Latest posts

Back