Squires cafe end of season Ford Meet 24/9/2017

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

On Sunday 24th Sept there is the end of season all Ford meet at Squires Café nr Sherburn in Elmet, W Yorks. I will be going as usual so if anybody wants to join me I'll be in the layby on the A63 Selby Rd just before the old A1 starts at 9.30am.
This show is £5 this year, I think and is usually quite busy with old and new Fords on display. Food and drinks are available at the café at reasonable prices.
If you're planning on coming by yourself the Café postcode is LS25 5LX.
Hope to see you there :)
Barry

Ooooh - this looks like it might be fun, and not a million miles away from me (barring a M62 early morning drive). Will check my diary and see if it's a possibility.
Thanks for posting!

Hi tuonokid, - just had a chat with Mrs.T66 and looks like we have nothing planned for that day as yet, so it looks like this is a distinct possibility - it would be good to meet up and chat with other members if they can make it. Not sure where this lay-by is, though, for the pre-meet, so if I can't find it we may just head for the café. My Puma has got a ProjectPuma sticker on top of the windscreen, though, if you see it!
Thanks again for highlighting this - I'd have never known about it otherwise! :thumbs:

Hi Mike
Coming from your direction on the M62 you will pass the layby on your left, you can't miss it as it's over 100m long so once you've gone around the roundabout A63/A656 on the A63 it's about 2 miles further.
Barry

Hi Barry,
Yes, can see it on Google maps now - thanks for additional info. If we're looking to reach the lay-by for 9.15am(ish), then I'll park and wait. If we're not at the lay-by at 9.00-9.15am (we're always early for everything!) we'll probably be having a brekkie at Squires at that point - it depends on how hungry I am. :lol:
Looking forward to it. :grin:

Ok Mike, I can recommend the bacon and egg sandwiches but I might wait on and have a go at the carvery at lunchtime as that's really good as well.
Barry

Bugger!
I would deffo be there for this but I'm working in Ireland that weekend and can't get out of it.
Hope the weather holds out for you.
Paul

Hi Paul
That's a shame I was relying on you being up for this as it's such a short hop for you. You'll have to wait for the season opener next year now :)
Barry

Hi Richard
Yeah it would have been good to see you as well, especially if you came up in the minty one :)
Barry

Hi Barry,
Great to meet you and John on Sunday. The problem with these sort of meets is that you start to re-assess your own car a bit more. Having seen (and sat in) those fantastic seats on yours, it made me more aware that I'm not too happy with mine, and spent some time on the internet when I got home looking at and pondering different seats again (much to the joy of Mrs.T66). Shame there wasn't more Puma's there - but we did see a lovely red one arriving just as we left.

On the more plus side, however, I did also have a positive side to my re-assessment - among all the Focus/Mondeos, etc, I realised the Puma still stands out as (I think) a truly classic and unique design, and I'm determined to get that annoying Passenger-Window Regulator fixed and tackle that dreaded melted Steering Wheel.

Let me know if there's any trips to Oil Can Café - it's definitely time for a revisit, especially if you and the guys are going.

Hi Mike
Good to meet you and Debbie as well. Glad to hear that the show has inspired you to do the annoying little faults that your car has left even though it's a tidy example. I'll keep you posted about events at the Oil Can (it is on the net as The Carding Shed) as there are usually 3 shows a year there but as per usual you may have to come as a guest rather than show your car because of it's age.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]356835[/post] Hi Mike
...as per usual you may have to come as a guest rather than show your car because of it's age.
Barry
"Come as a guest"? One day, Barry, one day our time will come! Anyway, as for 'showing' the car, well, that would mean the interior would have to be spotless... which in turn would mean approaching the dangerous area of trying to stop MrsT.66 from eating crisps in the car - and trust me, I'm NOT brave enough to try that! :lol:

Latest posts

Back