ST24 calipers?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillzy2k

As my runaround required new wishbones, rear axle bushes and front discs n pads I decided a wee upgrade was on the cards.
My car is a 99 model with the early small discs and drums and early servo/master cylinder.
As I was breaking a car with polybushes I swapped the rear beam over which came with the later rear drums. I noticed an instant improvement in the brakes.
As I had a set of mk2 mondeo ST24 calipers with new discs and pads I decided to fit these today, and this is where ive come against problems.

The whole braking system has been bled and the car stops great, however im getting alot of pedal travel before any real bite. Does anyone else think that the v6 calipers have exceeded the capacity of the master cylinder??
Ive got an ST24 master and servo lying about, anyone fitted one to a puma or fiesta before?

I've got the same front setup (but disc conversion on the rear) and the pedal is fine. As above, perhaps not bedded in yet. I also assume that you have spacered the discs off the hub correctly?

Latest posts

Back