Starter. Problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishpuma

I need to change starter on my 1.4 ...anyone know easiest way of doing it..thanks

https://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22324&p=288812&hilit=remove+starter#p288310

bit of help maybe but do a search on here (big box right hand top) you may come up with some more info

Be prepared to lose a few knuckles

need some help if possible from someone ...changed the starter and car still wont start...have checked all the usual ,battery , fuses ,fuel pump working,all leads plugged in ,,even towing it wouldnt start it ........help.......was hoping it would be starter but doesnt look like it now

What happens when you try and start it? Do you hear it trying to do anything?

i'm thinking it may have something to do with immolibiser ,,the red light is flashing fast when i turn the key ..lights in dash come on but doesnt even want to start ...anyone have any experiences of this...

Red light flashing fast on the clock indicates an immobiliser problem.

Have you done anything leading up to this problem?

The checklist is key damage, transponder antenna being secure and then a diag check to see how many keys are recorded with the ECU.

thanks for reply... ya there is a different key to open the door as the lock was changed ...i only have 1 key for ignition which is original ... would i need to get this set up again ?

Back