steering column control for 6006 CD player

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deputy

Hi

does anyone know whether it is possible to install controls on the steering column for a 6006 CD player?
If so any recommendations where to get one and how to install?

cheers

Mark

It's pretty simple, you just need the stalk and wiring from a Focus then drill suitable mounting holes in the steering column shroud

I've got one you can have in exchange for your non-modded steering column shroud. I should be down that way visiting Arch Bishop in Hurstpierpoint at some point in the next couple of months if you're not in a mad rush.

Here it is installed:
IMG_0767.JPG

evilrob said:
I've got one you can have in exchange for your non-modded steering column shroud. I should be down that way visiting Arch Bishop in Hurstpierpoint at some point in the next couple of months if you're not in a mad rush.

thanks rob, a really kind offer....but i got a focus control and am going to give it a go....the guide on here makes it look straight forward...wish me luck...
a quick question ..what functions can you access from the control..`CD/radio?

I can't remember - I only ever used the volume up and down switches on the left and the back/forward through the radio frequencies on the top. Didn't fancy taking my chances with CDs in the 6006.

Update: need to get hold of wiring, including plugs, from remote to stereo...anyone know where i can get this from?

ok i now have both plugs and just need to get wire to connect them to each other. Am i right in thinking i just need 5 Amp wire from halfords?

hi,
have done my now....had to buy a plug for the back of the stereo separately off ebay, then connected the stalk and plug with 5amp wire from halfords...total cost about £13...works perfectly
the seller i got both stalk and plug from is here:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/automotive-cc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the wiring is not hard i just used some speaker cable with insulated crimps on the relevant pins. fitted another to my fiesta today as well as my puma.

Back