Stevie's Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieg

Start of a little project thread on my Moondust Puma 1.7:

As bought for £1500

Added a few little bits & bobs:

Smoked Indicators

Wind Deflectors (had these on my old Range Rover and loved being able to open the window without the rain getting in)

A shift extender (after having had an MX-5 I didn't like the reach, this sorts it), Puma thread is the same as a Honda so shift extenders are an easy buy, plus a nice set of OEM logo mats

Set of Lockwood logo sill covers for a touch of class

Anyone tell me what is missing here (where the red arrow points)

Still to come, full set of mud flaps, 17x7 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in Anthracite with Kumho Ecsta Tyres, some under sealing and rust proofing and a natty exhaust trim to replace the current rusty one.

So far so good except the Heater Control Valve went, seems to be a common problem and easily fixed with a replacement bought on line for £35.

Thats where the fuel cut off switch is. There's usually a circular black plastic blanking plate covering the whole.

Hi, Nice project, moondust silver the best! yeah there should be a black plug there, your main ford dealer should sort you out!

Cheers, I'll get on to my dealer tomorrow, slayllian, just been looking at your thread, that's my next task, get underneath and tackle the rust, really useful pics I shall be following.

stevieg said:
Cheers, I'll get on to my dealer tomorrow, slayllian, just been looking at your thread, that's my next task, get underneath and tackle the rust, really useful pics I shall be following.

glad I could help, the oem mats look ace! mine turn up tomorrow, seems like I have been waiting ages. The smoked side repeaters are a nice touch too.

Just back from the scrappy and managed to pick up a fuel cut off blank from a Puma they recently got in and a Ford OEM Cigarette Lighter Cap (don't smoke so no need for a lighter) best of all the price - £0 thanks friendly scrap man.

Also rubbed down, treated and Hammerited the hatch lid prop gas struts and a bit of rust in the boot.

Finally got a chance to give the Puma a good wash, polish and wax this morning, had to touch up a few bits of paint that became obvious but it came up pretty good.

Took advantage of the decent weather to fit some front mudflaps.

Hacksawed off the rusty exhaust trim ready for something shiny.

Also fitted the sticker from my recent weekend away.

Two things left to do (not today now the rain has arrived), the engine bay (good clean and tidy up) and the rear, strip, underseal, hammerite, fix nsr clunk (arb bushes or drop links I'll replace both on each side), then I can fit the rear mud flaps and these bad boys.

Then I'll be pretty much done I reckon (famous last words) :lol: .

I like the wheels alot! Cant wait to see them on the car.

Thanks for the shift extender link, I need one for my car.
Where did you get your wheels from?

Reechard said:
I like the wheels alot! Cant wait to see them on the car.

Thanks for the shift extender link, I need one for my car.
Where did you get your wheels from?

The alloys were second hand on Gumtree for £250 with nearly new tyres from a local seller. :grin:

Back