Stripping out AC

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raspberrycheesecake

So my power steering pump's let go...and I never use the AC...and its a pain not being able to dismantle it when working in the engine bay...so its going the distance!

I have recently stripped a non-AC standard 1700 Puma and hopefully kept all the necessary parts, so technically on the FRP all I need to do is strip off all the AC, remove the old power steering pump and old pipes, then fit the standard 1700 power steering pump mount to the front of the engine and buy a new pump and new pipes?

In other posts I've read that Fiesta SE parts should be used, but I'm confused as to why you cant use normal Puma (non-AC) parts?

Also I'm a bit confused with the heater end. From the photo below I don't think I need a different matrix etc? I've just realised I need the non-AC plastic cover from the air box to the engine bay...I think I threw that part out!

image.php

image.php

Thanks for any help - planning on doing this over the weekend so ordering parts tomorrow hopefully...

(Thanks or sorry to SENATEpumA for stealing your photos!)

I remember those pictures.... My old baby!

Anyhow, I would think the heater matrix for A/C and non-A/C would be the same.... but I'm only presuming.

The silver thing in the bottom picture is the unit for the A/C. The heater matrix is still in the hole in that picture.

Something I've done to find parts, is to find a car for sale on somewhere like EBay, and write down the reg number.
So, for you, find a non-A/C Puma and get the reg from it.

Ring Ford and give them the reg number for the heater matrix. Also ask for the finnis number. Then ask for the one for your car. Compare finnis numbers to see if they are the same.

But, failing that, I'm sure some smarty pants will come along shortly and confirm what you want to know!

Back