stupid pot hole may have destroyed my puma :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

I was driving along (at night) as you do and i hit a load of potholes on the left hand side so i pulled over to check out what happened and everything cosmeticly is sound. I went to start it again the whole car died and never started so i got jump started which was fine but now i find if i go over a bump the suspention bottoms out and moves to the left!!

someone point me in the right direction please i need to sort this in the hope i will drive it again.

Hi

can you feel it moving from front or back?

check your bushes see if they are damaged, check your anti roll bars links or just replace them anyway i bought 2 from ebay today for £9.95 inc post and will help with stability of your car even if they are just old

i did have a problem where my back end was all over the place, turned out my axle bushes had gone, and are a pain to change, but are doable,

craig

If there is evidence of the damage being a result of the potholes then have a look at this site http://www.potholes.co.uk/claims/step_by_step_guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might be able to get your local council to foot the bill.

And don't accept the first 'no' from the council as being the final answer.

Persistence is needed.

Good luck with that. Both my cars were broken in some form last year by potholes.

Back