Super Unleaded - Why?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherie said:
This is the easiest way to work out your MPG:

Fill your tank and zero your trip clock.
Drive
Next time you fill up the tank, make a note of the mileage and litres.

That's assuming you fill up to exactly the same level at every tank. You can get loads in after a pumps 'click' and all pumps 'clicks' will be set differently.
I fill up until I see the petrol - that way I know it's the same every time :eek:k:

I tend to fill up at the same garage most of the time. I used to fill the car to the point where you'd see the petrol in the filler neck until I found that it was simply slopping out on corners

When you start the car, the petrol pump starts and sucks it down the filler pipe so it won't slop out ;)

Results of week 1 of driving like a granny on a tank of unleaded:

40.22 mpg

Week 2 is underway with a fill of Super and I'm still driving like a granny.

Hmmm, would this be your Granny Chinster? I can see the family resemblance!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xZzPicD1I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... re=related

Tag

I tried last week to do a similar experiment to evaluate my 1.4 - which would be interesting compared to Chinsters 1.7. Unfortunately, I can't resist re-fuelling whenever I see 'cheap' petrol ( as i can do 400 miles a week ) which complicates things: The cost/mile equation becomes difficult and accuracy goes out the window! However, I'll try again.

I don't think I can better 40MPG though! Thankfully, the Puma is too low for Granny to get into! :)

Latest posts

Back