switch for brake lights

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crispy1980

right, ive now been told that as im driving along the brake lights are constantly flickering. they do work when im actually braking. what im wondering is where is the switch that activates the lights as you brake? i would guess that its on the pedals somewhere ? im thinking this must be faulty, maybe sticking slightly. cheers, chris

Probably found the switch like you say but I have to say if it's anything like mine it will be extremely sensitive.

I really don't have to touch mine with any pressure and they come on. I'm guessing yours is the same and your pedal may possibly have a slightly weaker return spring/pressure or whatever as if mine was only slightly weaker my lights would do the same for sure. Maybe a little grease on the pedal pivot point itself may help if it isn't a sticky switch problem ;)

i think ive sorted it. the mat had moved forward and starting to fold back on itself, i think it was brushing against the swithch somehow as ive now moved it and all seems ok.

looks like i spoke too soon. when the missus went to work this morning she says that the brake lights were flickering in the driveway as the car was warming. looks like ill have to investigate again. why do these things always happen just before mot time?

Latest posts

Back