switch

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boospuma

what does the switch on the clutch do ? if fited to the clutch pedal ..the car runs a bit sleapy ...if i remowe the switch ...the car accelerates more agresiwe and alsow the engine is braking more agresiwe when you release the gas pedal ,than with the switc mounted to it's place .......

hopefuly someone will understand me ...and give a bether answer .....ore explain to me ..what that switch-relay does ! and what it is fore ?

hi mate,

i struggled with that one two, it's strange. in the end I just figured it's only use must be to give you a smoother ride.

it makes a fairly significant difference, particuarly in 1st and 2nd where if you accelerate quick enough then quickly release the gas the car can jerky so severly it can cause the accelerator to jump and which in turn makes the car jerk even more... before you know it, your Puma is bunny hoping down the road all by itself...

ultimately i think the answer to your question is that the switch allows the ECU to calculate the air/fuel mix more accurately. why the puma needs the switch i have no idea... maybe all cars have them but normally they're more integeral to the pedal...

tnx mate ...well ...the puma can be realy agresiwe withaut'it ....it's funny ... a little thing like that switch .....i like the more agresiwe response ..only problem is only the bunny hopping .... well ...we cant have'it all :twisted: :wink:

When my switch broke I just drove around in a higher gear to stop it jerking... The other option is to take your foot off the gas slower...

Latest posts

Back