Tape Ecu = Fitting Puma ?!?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

water-bug55

Hi all,
Recently the DIVE ECU has been replaced in my puma for a TAPE ECU (as im hoping to get it mapped at a later date). Everything seems fine temp needle is working etc BUT when I release the throttle pedal the car starts to fit/violent juddering/kangaroo'ing and as soon as I put the throttle or clutch back on it corrects itself.
I can lift the throttle pedal up but on the last cm of it being up/taking foot off it will pull a tantrum!
Almost like its being cut off from fuel or air ?
So i find myself coasting alot !
As all ways thanks in advance for your comments they are greatly appreciated ! :)

Similar symptoms I found myself having recently and was a nightmare as I spent loads on new parts to solve it. In the end, swapping the throttle position sensor and the MAF did the trick.

Yeah the tps was gonna be next step to check as I cleaned the maf yesterday.
Where did you buy your tps fleebay? Did you buy oem or eBay copy?

Hi all just a little update it was the TPS, strange it should pack up the exact time the ECU got changed over....
Thanks for your help Scotsman

Maybey it had something to do with the dodgy bloke who fitted your ECU??? :lol: Didnt you have issues before the ECU swap, and thats why you swapped the ecu in the 1st place? Glad you got it sorted anyway mate.

PumaNoob said:
Maybey it had something to do with the dodgy bloke who fitted your ECU??? :lol: Didnt you have issues before the ECU swap, and thats why you swapped the ecu in the 1st place? Glad you got it sorted anyway mate.
haha im sure it wasnt you, what can go wrong with an ecu swap apart from the temp gauge ?

Latest posts

Back