Team dynamics pro rally

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, does anyone know if 15" team dynamics pro rally wheels fit over the mondeo brake upgrade without too much trouble? Iv just failed my MOT for 3 buckled alloys, dont know how iv managed to do that haha, the mechanic said it had been driven too hard, is that possible? I wouldve thought the tyre would loose grip before the wheel bent.

Guess it depends how weak the structure of the wheels are, some alloys are shocking, but then again again others (generally more expensive are amazing), flowforming techniques ect.

if the mondeo uprgrade is 280mm brake discs then yes they should, you can fit 15" alloy wheels over the 300mm brake conversion aswell...may just need to grind a little bit off the caliper/carrier

Its the 300mm ones. I asked because i tried to put my props over them yesterday and they would fit with grinding off the side of the caliper but they still catch on the front.

I tried to put Props over the 300mm brakes. After an amount of grinding, I decided not to continue and bought larger wheels. I wasn't prepared to grind all that off!

My understanding is that the Props can be made to fit. The calipers need to be ground to allow the diameter of the wheel to fit, but a spacer will be needed to increase the offset and clear the "spokes."

Pro rallies do fit over the 300mm mondeo brakes, we have them on the rally car. The pro race 1.2 also fit.

Excellent, are they ok for road use? I was looking on the internet and it said somewhere that they were for gravel competition use, dno if that makes any difference strengthwise etc.
What work is required to make them fit? Or do they just go straight on?

Cheers

ricardoskeltonio said:
Excellent, are they ok for road use? I was looking on the internet and it said somewhere that they were for gravel competition use, dno if that makes any difference strengthwise etc.
What work is required to make them fit? Or do they just go straight on?

Cheers

You are correct, they are designed to be used as competition wheels therefore they are lighter and stronger (more by design rather than materials) than your average aftermarket wheels. They are fine for road use.

I originally had a set of props over the brakes with a 3mm spacer and a little shaving but looking at the team dynamics you could probably get away without any grinding, you definately dont need the spacer- check out the project thread titled 'stage car project'.

We have a set of black pro-race 1.2's that we may be willing to part with at the right price, again in 15's and fit over the 300mm brakes. Slightly better looking than the pro rallies, freshly refurbed with the 'team dynamics motorsport' writing in green. pm me if your interested.

Phil

Latest posts

Back